35

Lilliana Morst

Tey and I ate our food seated near the window. We was munching and talking about the fights that had occurred during the funeral.

"Nahh, but you had her by the hair, uppercut after uppercut. You did her dirty," Tey laughed.

I chewed on a French fry, glancing up at my girlfriend. "Why don't we try anger management classes?"

"Okay," she immediately agreed.

That was unexpected, and felt too good to be true. I was suddenly scared she'd do something to me as soon as we got out of public. I mean, would she hurt me out in the open? Was there any limits with her?

"I just think that it would help you manage your anger better, and stop you from hurting me."

"I'm up for it then," Tey shrugged.

Maybe then I wouldn't have to go through with the whole Gia and Teyanne plan. Because despite everything, I still loved Tey and I wanted her for myself. "I wanna go somewhere now. You think Gia can find a party for today?"

"I can see," Tey shrugged, wiping off her hands, then picking up her device. "Lemme text her and see."

A moment later, Tey looked up with excitement. "Party at six. It's at this Air BnB somebody rented. It's gonna be drinks and weed there."

"I'm up for it," I shrug. "Shoulda brought a change of clothes."

"That's ight, I'll buy you sumin. Gia paid me a little since I'm almost done with training. She cut the time down some since I already had taken a class in that field."

"We can just stop at Rainbow or Rue 21 and get sumin quick," I shrug. "I sorta gotta idea."

"What?" Tey bit into her burger and licked the ketchup off of her lips. "Threesome tonight?" I suggested in a low voice, biting my bottom lip softly. "We'd have to find someone," Tey paused for a moment. "That shouldn't be a problem," I winked, then went back to my food.

Hours later, and we were in Gia's car heading to the spot near NRG stadium. "I wanna get some flavored popcorn," Gia mumbled to herself, swiping through her phone for another song. "Unlove You" by Ann Marie began to play and I started vibing along. "I fuck wit dat song," I commented.

Me and Gia getting along actually hadn't been forced. We weren't exactly like each other, but we meshed together enough that I don't think Teyanne would have a problem not wanting her. "You fuck wit everything," Tey laughed, getting high in the back off of some shit Gia gave her.

"Tey been treating you alright?" Gia asks me lowly as we get onto the freeway.

Crap, if she knows how Tey can be, she's not going to want to be with her, and there goes my chance! Shit, they might have even dated before. "What you mean?"

Gia shot me a knowing look, and my plan crumbled right in front of me. "She's only hit me a few times."

"I could tell by the heavy makeup around your eyes. Genesis used to do that a lot too," Gia commented.

"Who's Genesis?" I asked.

"My play sister," Gia answered.

"I tried to escape and she stopped me," I whisper even lower. It's not like Tey would care, she was gone off of some hard shit. She probably couldn't understand English right now. "So what's your plan?" she asks me.

"What do you mean?" I had a plan, now that's ruined.

"What are you gonna do? You can't just let her keep beating on you."

"What else can I do, Gia?" I let my head fall into my hands, knowing my makeup would stay put.

"Call a hotline. Call authorities. Run away. Work it out with her. Play her game."

"Why do you stay her friend?" I then asked.

"Because she doesn't hurt me and I'm slowly making her a better person. Believe me- she used to be way worse," she laughs bitterly, "I feel like it's my duty to help girls that end up tangled with her. She showed you the nice version of her before she started fucking you up. Not everyone has gotten that."

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Can't thank me yet if you haven't gotten out. So what's your plan?" she asks me again.

"My plan had been to..." I felt embarrassed to admit this to her, "let y'all get cozy and let you take my place, flee, get you out of there eventually, and be done with her. But obviously...that's not gonna work. Sorry about that, by the way."

"Hey," Gia shrugged, "you was prepared to do what you had to."

"I'd say, while she's fucked up today. Leave back to Dallas, get your shit, I'll force her to crash at my place until I think she's worthy of interacting with you. She's gonna be furious, but ima get her together. You should find somewhere to stay far, far away from Houston or Dallas."

"Call me crazy, but I still wanna work things out with this woman," I groaned.

"Then I'll get her together to be there for you. You just gotta make sure you move quick. Me and her will enter the party, you can take my car to Dallas." I started thanking Gia quickly. "Please, just don't fuck it up," she added.

"I won't, I promise, Gia," I told her.

My heart beat quickly with anticipation and excitement. Teyanne was knocked out in the backseat and I was gonna be free of her for awhile. Yes she would be furious, but I trust Gia to straighten her out and get her together for me. She's probably the only one who can do it. Tey's anger issues are just too extreme.

We arrived at the party, and I hopped out, eagerly getting into the driver seat as Gia dragged Teyanne out to enter the party. I didn't waste any time driving away, turning off my location and setting Maps back to Dallas. I'd get back to the apartment, get my shit out, and find somewhere to stay. I need to go further than Houston or Dallas. Somewhere out of Teyanne's reach, and somewhere very unexpected.

I'm going to New York.

Chapter Checkpoint:

-Do you like Gia?

-What do you think about Lilliana as far as how she's been handling her abuse from Teyanne?

-Do you think Tey could ever get better?