3

it's been a few days since my deep talk encounter with Loki, i'm sure he usually doesn't speak his mind like that so it bothered him, and i used to be the same way whenever i saw something that was like me, or a regular human, i would never talk about my past. My family was a big trigger for me.

"Miss Samara." a robotic voice called, i yelped scared and fell off my bed.

"Uh yes?" i replied looking around.

"I'm FRIDAY Mr Stark wants you to go to Bruce to change your bandage and take your pills." i sighed and got up, Tony must really be rich to own something like that, it's impressive.

i open the door and head to the elevator to head to Bruce's lab, i get there and he already has everything set up. "Hey Samara, lay down on this table." Bruce gestured to the long metal table i was first one when i arrived. i laid down and i pulled my shirt up just a bit for the wound to show, he unwrapped the wound and put ointment on it, for it to heal faster. He then grabbed some more medical tape and gauze and wrapped it around my torso.

"Here, water and a pill." Bruce handed me a glass of water and a painkiller, i popped it in my mouth and took a sip of water. He smiled at me. "good, it looks to be healing pretty fast, does that have to do with anything about your... powers?" he asked cautiously, i shrugged as i got up on my feet.

"All i know is that i can shapeshift, i'm not sure if i can heal fast." I responded, he nodded and sent me on my way.

whenever i would admire this building, i would always see that ledge at the very top, and i want to go up there and admire all of New York, well most of it.

I got on the elevator and up to the highest level, where the roof is. i turn into a Leopard and walk my way over to the ledge and sit down, the breeze felt wonderful on my fur. i admire all the people walking on the sidewalk, and the cars honking at each other. they all look like little ants i could step on and squish. i smiled to myself, it was only midday which in New York is the busiest, everyone walks around chatting amongst themselves, most of the cars were out, taxi's and business men.

"You know, i like Leopards too." i jumped to see Loki take a seat next to me.

"Don't scare me again or i'll fall." i joked, i licked my
lips and laid down.

"Sorry, didn't mean to." Loki coughed and looked off into the distance. "Why are you up here?"

"I like being in high places, seeing the view, i always would climb trees and watch everyone scramble around on the streets." i laughed, he nodded. I'm shocked he is even talking to me right now. The god of mischief actually talking to me, Thor told me he was usually closed off and hated everyone, maybe he feels safe around me knowing i have a special power, not like anyone else that lives on Earth.

"Do you have any other powers that isn't shapeshifting?" he asked, i shrugged and started to lick my paws.

"Bruce thinks i have fast healing." i said, his eyes widened a fraction. "not sure if it's true, but he said my wound was healing quite fast."

"Can you like... turn into a bird or something and fly around?" he asked, i nodded cheerfully, i love being a bird and fly around, perching on trees and messing with others bird nests, i'm a huge troll when it comes to me being a bird.

"I have many powers of my own, plus shapeshifting." Loki said, i turned to him.

"You what?" i asked, he nodded and i watched a green of smoke then i saw myself, staring back at me, a Leopard. I started laughing. "TAG YOUR IT!" I poked his shoulder and took off running through the door to the stairs, not using the elevator, i heard his paws chase after me.

i ran downstairs and saw Tony and Natasha look at me confused, then they saw another Leopard chasing after me. I ran around Tony and felt a light tug on my tail, i laughed and turned over and he jumped on me.

"Got you." he said triumphantly.

i rolled my eyes "Yeah, i let you win." he got off and we both turned back to our human forms.

"I guess you made a friend." Tony teased Loki, he glared at Tony. i got up and sat down next to Natasha.

(Loki's POV)

that night, i sat in me and Thor's shared room, it was annoying, i have to share a room with that oaf, they couldn't give me my own room? i get up and leave, Thor was dead asleep and it was 3 in the morning, i go to the main living room area and get myself a small snack and water, i see Samara passed out on the couch. Shes twitching and moving around a lot. she must be having a nightmare.

i drink my water and sit down at the high stool table in the bar, and get myself some Ale, Thor's request to have Ale there since it's a type of beer we have in Asgard. Samara was now an animal which i know nothing about, it looks like a mix of a lion and an eagle, with wings, i didn't pay much mind to it, shes still a pathetic mortal like the rest of them. She just shapeshifts, oddly to me i don't think any mortal could own such power.

"D-Dad please no." Samara mumbled, i jumped and looked at her, she's having a nightmare about her parents. i walk over slowly to her, and put my hand on her forehead to see what the nightmare was about, i should just intrude her thoughts, but it seems bad.

i see only darkness, but i also see Samara in her human form, and two older adults, male and female. her parents.

"You're a disgrace!" The female yelled, Samara was balling her eyes out. i honestly felt horrible for this mortal.

"We didn't give birth to half animal Samara, leave now!" The male yelled, Samara tried to beg her parents. she was the same age as she is now, adult.

"but mom and dad! you're my parents!" Samara screamed with tears streaming fast down her face. i stood next to her, though she can't see me, it was like i was there. everything then turned black again, and it went to a different screen, Samara was in animal form, a giant lioness, she was facing her scared parents.

"Samara we're sorry!" The female yelled, Samara growled lowly as she stalked up to her parents.

"You abandoned me! left me for dead! renounced me!" Samara yelled, the two adults in front of her were shaking terrified.

"Samara please we are sorry!" the male yelled, his voice shaking like the pathetic mortal he is. he better be sorry.

i then heard a gasp and i felt a huge force take me to the ground, i heard intense growling and saw Samara on top of me.

"Samara it's me!" i yelled, she growled more, droll dripping from her sharp canines. her pupils were extremely small.

"Samara, calm down." i said a little more calmly, her pupils dilated bigger and she closed her mouth, she grunted as she got off and back on the couch.

"Samara?" i called to her.

"Why are you down here? it's 3 in the morning." she said, i shrugged and told her i just went to get a snack and drink.

"What animal are you?" i asked, she put her head between her paws.

"A griffin" she flexed her wings out and stretched them, i nodded and got off the ground with a grunt and walked over to the bar to finish my drink, she immediately went back to bed, but didn't have another nightmare it seems. i went back to bed and didn't speak another word to anyone what happened.