15

(Samara's POV, also the cover is a Mosasaurus only the scariest dinosaur that once lived in the waters in the dino era, and maybe could still be alive since the Volcanos are lava and lava goes out when touched by water, creepy asf)

i open my eyes, and everyone surrounded me. i didn't know why. i couldn't even move.

"You idiot! why did you take on that dinosaur without help? you could of died!" Miles scolded me. i scoffed at him.

"Why did you help me? thought you wanted me dead." i said la ting heavily, still in my wolf form.

"Because your the one with the tempad." he said calmly, i rolled my eyes, of course that's why. "Why did you go out there in the first place?"

"I uh... he was about to come inside and i saw him, and heard his growling, so i attacked him before he could get to you guys."

"So you basically saved us?" Sylvie asked, i nodded slowly.

"Thanks i guess?" Steve's female Variant said, which i didn't know the name of, i didn't quite catch all their names yet. i look at my side, and it's covered in leaves, they must have figured out a way to make a bandage, since we are all in the wild, and in the dinosaur era, there's nothing really here.

"Tomorrow, we will go looking around." Bruce's female Variant crossed her arms.

"The Volcano will erupt tomorrow. and we will all be dead." Miles turned his head to Bruce's variant.

"We will avoid it best we can." Carly sighed, everyone laid back down and went to sleep, and i tried my best to sleep with this aching wound.

in the morning, i woke up and saw Miles outside just laying there looking around, Sylvie, Carly, and Monica were awake, while the others slept still. i tried to get up, but my wound kept refusing to let me.

after a few tries, i got onto my feet and went outside limping. "Why are you out here?" i asked and laid down next to Miles.

"i like the scenery." he said and licked his lips sighing.

"Yeah, i've basically lived in the wild my whole life, my parents abandoned me when i was 10, not wanting a shapeshifter as their daughter, my mom didn't want to leave me, but my dad dropped me off in the woods and left. i had to fend for myself, not really knowing how, but i learned." i said, i saw some dinosaur mothers teaching their young how to walk and hunt. it was the cutest thing.

"What was she like?" Miles looked over at me, i wrapped my tail around my wound as it started to ache again.

"kind, loving, didn't care who i was she just loved me unconditionally, since i'm her daughter, she had that mother's love. I miss her." i said, i saw Miles smile out of the corner of my eye.

"She sounds nice." Miles cleared his throat, i nodded.

"My dad drove me to the woods, not caring how young i was, i could have gotten eaten within the second i arrived, but i didn't, i turned into anything that could climb a tree just to get away from predators." I laughed, he snickered and got up.

"We need food" he said and turned around to walk inside the cave, i laid my head down on my paws and sighed, watching the trees hiss in the wind, and i watched the volcano in the distance. waiting for it to roar and launch lava out of it.

"What happened to you?" I turn my head and see Loki again, his stupid illusion.

"Loki! what are you doing?" i said in a loud hushed manner, Loki rolled his eyes as he got closer to me.

"Where are you? and what happened to you?" Loki demanded to know, i growled at him and turned my head the other way. "you're such a child!! Tell me where you are!"