a p p r e h e n s i v e - 1

Sirius walked down the pavement towards his school. He is a middle schoolar and most of his friends had transferred to another school. The only ones that stuck around were the ones that were with him since daycare. He stopped in front of the cafeteria where his two besties supposedly wanted to meet up. He waited until they walked out the cafeteria with breakfast in hand.

'Hey Siri! Why didn't you get breakfast?' The blond had questioned. Sirius was used to the nickname for now, but it still ticked him. 'I'm busy trying to worry.' He simply replied. The trio then walked to wherever the gymnasium was supposed to be.

'Genie, you said you were worried about something. What about it?' Tyran, his dark skinned friend laced in concern. 'You guys really didn't look at the school board?' Sirius looked at them with piercing red eyes. 'Sorry, who said that we look at spam letters, love letters, and advertisements?' Edeni had replied shortly after. Their exasperated friend released a heavy sigh and looked at them dead in the eye.

'The school board is not about some high school girl anime locker letter stuff retards. It holds all of the missions students are to be sent out to, important news, high alert notices, watch list, and whatever else.' He looked at their faces being molded with reality. They scoffed as they huffed out their stupidity. 'We are in the Advanced class for having "Advanced Advances" our powers are to not be used for anything.' Sirius continued.

'I mean, have you looked at the country side of our state? It's a literal apocalypse.' Tyran sneered over to his blond friend. Edeni leaned away. They sat down cross-legged and discussed the entirety of the Advanced Modern Era and how screwed up it is during these times.

'Like bro! Back in the old days, they didn't have to stay inside of safe zone and shields! Nor did they have to undergo hideous amounts of overwhelming missions sent out to students!' Edeni babbled on. The bell rang soundly as the intercom announced the daily notices and other stuff that people don't listen to.

Their gym coach entered the gym and went over the rules of the gym for the newbies. They all understood and followed his demands. They first did ten leg exercises, then ten push ups, then ten sit ups. Then they were allowed to chose whatever sport they wanted to play. Many people chose dodge-ball. The two teams were separated by selection and everyone readied themselves for the game.

Whistle blew, shoes squeaked, balls bounced. A few peers did not participate as much. When one side won, the bell had rung soundly once again. Everyone hassled into their new classrooms. Edeni was talking about what type of new spells he was expecting to learn this year. Tyran was contemplating if he should change his wand to a medallion. Sirius stayed quiet.

'MISSION FOR SIRIUS GENE!

to be sent off to mission in two months.

It has been said that a forest near family owned property has lured Ceres into it. Annihilate the unknown Ceres species with a team of your own. Other teams from other schools will be participating in the case as well. Retreat if this is an Elite Ceires, report back immediately. Remember, search at night, you will stay there for a week. Reports have been stating that no one has a glimpse of what the Ceres looks like, also, teams have been reported remarking crew members attacking each other.'

He remembered the paper clearly. The school reopened after the Ceres infection had become a minimum, new buildings were installed and new stuff, even a new principal. It was around the Christmas time of the year. Weather was becoming colder.

'Sirius.' The said boy perked up at the sound of his name. His teacher gave him a concerning look. 'You alright?' Sirius gave an affirmative nod and refocused on the lesson. His teacher must've known what mission he has been given. It was quite serious since he was one of the best students for the job. In spells to wit. Sirius trailed off of the lesson again and thought about his plans for his team.