Steven 3

I almost can't believe how easy this all is. It's rather sad. Lapis and Kevin were practically fucking when everyone had left the office last night. She had his dick hard in seconds.

Of course, she didn't give me anymore details on the matter. That sneaky, double-crossing water witch. Her lips were sealed shut tighter than Connie's legs about the whole matter.

I tried to stop by her office to go over packaging, but she was gone within a matter of moments, blowing me off for a meeting she was apparently late for. It had put me in a primal mood.

Women I want don't blow me off, even for business matters. It arrogant of me, but true. And I know all about being arrogant.

This little cocktail party was the best chance to get closer to Connie and ensnare her tightly. Lapis and I had arrived separately, even. We wanted to make sure that this looked and felt seamless. She was cheating, and I was hurting. If something explosive happened, it wouldn't do to leave together, someone was bound to see. It was the perfect plan, worthy of a Diamond.

I didn't expect Connie to look so heartachingly breathtaking tonight. Her dark, mocha skin with that sleek black dress, those long, succulent legs bare and so very touchable and those heels. Good God, she shouldn't go out like that.

She might get eaten up.

"You believe my boyfriend and your Lapis are..." She almost says a dirty word, I can hear it before she changes the wording. "Involved?" Such a good girl. Even drunk she's so very proper. I can't help but want to dirty her up.

"There's a flirtation there. There has been for a while." I lean closer to her, our hands just barely touching from across the table. "Didn't you see the way she was clinging to him?" I have to put false jealousy into my voice, because at this moment, while I am irritated with them both, I couldn't care less. I'm more interested in Connie.

She averts her head, a little sound escaping her that reminds me of a wounded animal. God I hope she doesn't cry. What am I supposed to do? Storm in there and make a scene? Cry with her?

"You say that like this is a new development," she says icily.

The coldness in her tone slices through me and I lean back in surprise. This is interesting. Yet another show of personality. I've heard murmurings of Johnson's indiscretions in the past, but I've had no real confirmation. I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not one to point fingers without evidence.

I could try to goad her into doing something in revenge. I wonder if I shouldn't proposition to her now, but I banish the thought. It's too soon.

I decide to play dumb. "Are you referring to Johnson and Lapis?"

"Oh, please. Don't play dumb with me." Her voice shoos away my feigned confusion. I can't help but be impressed. She very well may be more aware than I thought. "Well, maybe they have," She continues. "I don't know. I wouldn't put it past him. But I do know for a fact that Kevin has been-unfaithful to me in the past."

So she is aware. The revelation nearly leaves me speechless. "And you still choose to stay with that piece of shit."

She blinks at me slowly and I wonder if I have gone too far. Making her angry won't do, I'm so close. "It's not like we just started dating, Steven. We've been together as long as I care to remember. We do make a good team." She sounds like she's choking the words past some nasty things she'd rather say. Like she's been brainwashed over and over. The thought makes me want to snarl with anger.

"And how's that going for you? Him just using you as he pleases, doing whatever he wants while you keep a brave face? Yes, a diamond in the rough, that's what he is." I can't help the haughty irritation that coats my words. I hate that fucking guy so much--