Connie 5

The taxi ride back to my car is filled with crazy and erotic fantasies. Every moment of our dinner tonight was packed with tension. Sexual tension.

Steven Universe (I swear that's not his real name) is going to be the death of me.

And those pictures. Where did he find those? They were magnificent, earthy and full of story. They felt familiar and personal in a way I haven't ever experienced. And the way he reacted to my obvious approval shocked me. Steven never ceased to confuse me.

I really wasn't expecting a proposition. I was expecting something more vulgar and I couldn't even bring myself to say yes. Or no. I wanted to. But I also felt my skin prickling and growing warm at the thought of him touching me.

His demeanor, that dark hungry aura about him; the way he held himself and looked at me was thrilling. He wanted to touch me more. And I wanted him to, I won't lie. But he's dangerous. Too much risk for the reward. But oh god, that man. The way he looks at me makes me feel delicious. Worthy to be touched and held. He makes me feel sexy.

I deserve to feel wanted, and Kevin never gave that to me. So why shouldn't I use Steven to satiate my taste for revenge? 'Because you're not a vengeful person.' I scold myself. 'Revenge is petty and childish.'

But so is pretending to play House with Kevin. And even worse he's been texting me all night:

K: Where are you? I came by the apartment to talk.
-9:26 pm

K: Look I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what came over me.
-9:32 pm

K: Connie, I'm serious. Quit being childish. Be an adult about this.

Who are you with?
-9:35 pm

K: Lapis just told me you're out with Universe?!
-9:46 pm

K: Connie answer me right fucking now!! Are you out with that scumbag?

He's USING you. Are you stupid???
-9:48 pm

K: I can't believe you're cheating on me. With him? Christ, Lapis was right. You really are a weak little girl aren't you?
-9:59 pm

K: I'm sorry. But you're making me angry. Why can't you stop being selfish and understand how I feel? Don't you understand that I just want what's best for you?
-10:04

I love you. Please come back to me.
-10:07 pm

K: You don't need him. You need me.

Don't forget that.
-10:11 pm

'I shouldn't have gone out with Steven,' I think as I push my key into the slot of my penthouse and shut the door. 'Not like that. Not in public.'

And now I've made Kevin angrier than I ever have. He knows what happened tonight, even if he doesn't know details. He knows we were at dinner together. He will try to put two and two together and he will... He'll...

I sit down on my couch and blink at the wall.

What is he going to do?

Tell my father? No, he's too business like. He wouldn't want to risk my father becoming angry with him for badmouthing me. Though that would eventually become my problem anyway.

Spread rumors? Perhaps, but all in all I don't think he'd dare do that, either.

Cheat on me more? I can't help but snort out loud at the idea. What would I even say at this point?

'Oh no, not again!'

Then another thought crawls into my mind and I bury my head in my hands.