Steven 11

TW: Insinuations of sexual coercion. Severe emotional abuse and manipulation are also present in this chapter.

Its around 4 o'clock and I'm literally about to grab the doorknob when Lapis opens the door, nearly knocks me out and shuts it. She eyes me seductively and I instantly feel uncomfortable. She's dressed immaculately from head to toe. Beautiful almost black blue hair curled, her outfit a tight fitting black dress that makes her look stunning and a pair stripper heels.

She could be dressed for a celebration or a funeral.

It's hard to say which.

I regret not putting the security chain up. I regret more not leaving five minutes earlier. My biggest regret, though? That I gave that bitch a key to my apartment.

"And just where do you think you're going?" She smiles at me, but it's not kind or genuine. It's more of a smile that a snake might give to its prey before it strikes to kill.

"Out."

She tilts her head and I sigh.

"I'm going to get my car looked at." It's like she knows when I'm going to leave. For not the first time, I wonder if she doesn't have cameras in my apartment.

"Has anyone ever told you how handsome you are, My Diamond?" My ego flares for a moment but it can't be bothered to accept her compliment genuinely. She steps into my personal space and runs her finger along my neck.

"Look, Lapis, did you need something? Because if it can wait..." I look toward the door and she grips my shirt. Dammit. I worded that wrong and now she's going to drag it out just to try and get a rise out of me. She gets off on pissing me off, I swear to all the stars in the sky.

"It can't wait." She's silent for a moment, as if she's calculating something. That's never good. "You need to end it with Connie. Today."

If she'd come here yesterday, I could have told her I already had. At that precise moment I would have believed every word I said, too.

But now... I don't want to end it. I feel as though I can't.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"But why?"

"Because that was the fucking deal. Break. Her. This one last thing is all I ask from you," she says quietly. "End it with her so awfully that she will shatter and never be able to be put back together. I want her to drop out, it hurts so bad. Let her eat her heart out."

I feel nauseous and disgusted. "You know she has her sisters and father, right? She's not just going to break easily."

"Her father is taken care of, trust me. As for her sisters, they'll move on. They're just as boring as she is, and are just as stupid and shallow. They'll be helpful for a good minute."

I keep my mouth shut, not wanting to give away that I'm falling for her and want out of this. Instead of cooling her off, it makes her madder.

"This was the plan, Steven. We both seduce and ruin the power couple and then we ride to the top together. We were going to break them both and distract them until it was too late. It's time to hold up your end of the bargain."

I honestly don't want the damn promotion if it means I don't get to be with Connie anymore. If I ruin her, everyone will know, including Big Boss Mahashwaren. I'll never get the promotion if I break her.

The man will hate me. Is that Lapis' true plan? Does she want to get rid of... all of us? "So Johnson is out of the picture?"

"He's going to get the promotion, but it won't last. He'll come back. Trust me. I've already put the proper bug in someone's ear. You're going to get a chance at that job, too. Just you wait." She smiles, looking quite pleased with herself.