Connie 1.5

Sitting back down at the table I take ahold of my half empty one glass and down it in one large gulp. The churning in my stomach heightened as I thought back to what I had seen. It was impossible. It took him a few seconds away from me to have his -penis- inside that average blonde woman.

Gritting my teeth, I politely asked for another glass of wine.

My heart panged and my eyes watered as I pursed my lips and nodded in thanks to the bartender. Tears blurred my vision as I took another gulp of liquid therapy.

Ridiculous. Absolutely downright ridiculous.

Despite everything I just saw, everything he's done, all the times he's lied or manipulated his way out of trouble...I still love him. It's stupid, I know.

Kevin is a selfish, arrogant businessman. He'll do whatever it takes to reach the top. My father had put it out to the colleagues that there was a position opening up in Brazil. Ever since then, Kevin had been the sweetest man on earth.

And...I really thought he had changed.

My mouth crumpled in an attempt to start sobbing. Instead I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I am 23 years old. I will act like it. 'It's not like he hasn't been cheating on you.' I think to myself. 'It's just the first time he let himself be caught.'

Standing up, I leave a tip and go to sit at my assigned table. Grabbing my purse, I'm about pull out my phone and text my father, when I hear a low husky laugh.

I turn to loo and instantly wrinkle my nose in unadulterated disgust as my mouth curves downward. It's him. Of course it's him. Out of all the parties he didn't make it to, he had to make it to this one. Or perhaps, he was at all of them but I just never noticed. Steven Universe, head of the design and advertisement for the company.

And he's with... Lapis, of course. Seeing her makes my frown turn into a scowl. She's his lover or something. They are seldom not seen talking and have been spotted around town on multiple occasions. They never discuss their relationship, although everyone is extremely curious.

Well, everyone except me. I couldn't care less. I can't stand either of them. Lapis is conniving and wicked. Ruthlessly stomping her spiked heels on anybody below her on the corporate ladder.

Steven Universe, I swear that's not his real name, came only a year or so after Lapis. It was obvious she had gotten him the job since as soon as they saw each other, they exchanged a knowing look and smirked. Right in front of my office. It was obnoxious, to say the least.

Although, Steven had caught on quick, doing things that seemed nigh impossible for any normal human, but what did I care? As long as he did his job correctly, I could stay as far away from him as possible.

Lapis placed her hand on his and leaned in to whisper something that had them both giggling and leaning in even closer. He grabbed her hand a squeezed it, saying something that made her bite her lip and respond with a sultry look on her face. He smirked at the beautiful woman, seemingly enraptured with her every movement.

How could he not be? With long, straight black hair and lightly tanned skin, she was a knockout. Her body was curvy and voluptuous in all the right places, her dresses were always the most expensive and elegant. The men would be lining up for blocks if it wasn't for fear of Steven. Many people had seen him do something incredible at one point or another. And most of them weren't about to anger a man who had literally punched through a tree.

He could rip them apart easily if he so chose and still be on time for his early morning jam and biscuits. (A/N: *insert Peridot laugh here* nyehehehehehe!!!)