43. 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀

PETER FORMED A PLAN THAT INVOLVED GOING INSIDE THE ILLUSION. It was a risk he was willing to take, and Peter was praying that the monster was actually fake, for if Peter were to fly right into the monster, things would turn south instantly.

     "Ah," Peter prepares himself as he braces for impact, closing his eyes instinctively. "It's not real; it's not real, it's not real!" Just as he hoped, Peter slipped through the Elemental image and accessed the center of the illusion. Opening his eyes, Peter's bug eyes widen as he gawked in awe. "Whoa! That's awesome."

     The drone Peter was holding onto stayed on track as it follows the invisible line and gradually rising, taking Peter along with it. Peter nearly forgot his entire mission because he was too busy admiring the drones, knowing Tony must've spent a lot of time and effort on them; Peter was gobsmacked. After all, Tony had really left this behind for him to have. Peter felt beyond stupid for giving away the responsibility of an A.I. system and hundreds of drones.

     There was the other reminder that Peter had screwed up big time.

     Nevertheless, Peter pulled himself out of his wonderous thoughts and got back to work; the boy clicks his web-shooters and slaps his palm on the top of the drone, leaving a wad of webs behind. Peter pushes himself up and over the drone, pulling on the stretchy webs as he leaps into the air, landing on another drone nearby. One by one, Peter stuck more and more webs onto each machine, sticking them together with a line of webs.

     Leaping and flipping through the air, Peter shoots his webs outward while holding the lines of webs when he'd land on another drone, allowing him to plant each of the lines onto another drone. Peter skipped onto more, gradually making his way higher as he made sure to get every single drone.

     Then, Peter jumps and flips backward as he allowed gravity to take him back to Earth, soaring through the air as he kept a grip on one single string of web.

     "I hope this works," Peter clicks the spider logo on his chest, igniting the tasers that shot an inducing amount of electricity up the line.

     Like a chain reaction, the electricity struck the first drone before spreading through the line that connects each of the combat drones, zapping each machinery. The drones started to malfunction as the electricity surges through each of them, burning holes into the illusion; falling apart, the Elemental image began to dissipate within seconds, including the image regarding Mysterio. Revealing to the world that everything wasn't real.

     Peter landed below the chaos and on another drone, watching as the drones struggled to hold the illusion up.

     Beneath him, the drone turned in circles, making Peter face the bridge and granting him a view of the man behind everything. Narrowing the eyes of his suit, Peter stared with a glint in his eyes, more determined and driven than he ever was before.

     Beck had noticed Peter.

     "I see you."

     Suddenly, Peter was springing back and forth between the drones like a frog hopping over the lilypads to get across the stream. His stride never falters because Peter would make this right; everything he messed up, starting with Beck. The anger bubbling in his belly was used to light the fume and motivate Peter to use that to his advantage but the way he always does.

     But Peter hadn't expected a drone to zoom through the air, knocking him off course and send him flying over the bridge; Peter grunts from impact, yelping when he crashes into the other bridge. Like a bug being hit on the wall, Peter's body peels off from the side of the bridge, leaving a dent behind. Gravity forced Peter to the ground.