09. 𝗶 𝘀𝗽𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗲𝘆𝗲

AFTER THE EXPLOSION INCIDENT, PEPPER HAD BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT ESZTER. The woman was alerted by F.R.I.D.A.Y. once the news reached the surface, flooding the news of an explosion from beneath a bridge. Eszter reassured Pepper that she was fine, letting her know that she was nowhere near that explosion and that she had nothing to do with it. And now, Eszter had gone to school the next day as if nothing had occurred the night before, but this time, the enhanced was on a mission--finding Peter.

Darting through the halls, shoving her way in and out of the crowd of students with little to no apologies.

"Slow it down, Maximoff," the principal calls out, catching the enhanced speeding through the crowded hall.

Eszter obliges but continues to speedwalk, still in a hurry to find Peter. The enhanced suspected Peter to be investigating further into this object that they've recovered, meaning he might be somewhere in the workshop class. Eszter haughtily walks into the class as the teacher kept his nose stuck in his book, unaware of a random student waltzing into his class.

The enhanced narrows her eyes sharply at Peter, oblivious to the powerful object in their possession as the hero abuses it brutally.

"What the hell. I've been trying to call you," Eszter furrows her brows as she glances down at the table, finding the object in the school. "What are you--?"

The loud clanging of metal cuts off Eszter. Peter smashes the hammer harshly against the metal, forcing the pieces to fall apart but not enough to satisfy his running thoughts. The boy was curious and wanting to know more about what they were doing with this object, and the only way Peter was going to find out was the school's resources.

Finally, Peter acknowledged Eszter's presence, offering a gentle smile; however, he was more focused on the mysterious glowing rock. "Hey, sorry. I, uh, I've been busy," Peter pokes at the strange object, pulling on the wires with each inspection.

Warily, Eszter glimpsed down at the core, unsure if Peter should be hitting it. "Should you be doing that?" But Peter pounds the hammer back down on the object, not showing any signs of uncertainty. The enhanced coughs loud enough to cover the object's sound, but she scratches the back of her neck with her own concerns. "Okay, then . . ."

Peter could tug on a few wires once they loosen from its beating; Eszter grimaces with each hit it takes, causing the enhanced to flinch each time. Like a flash to the past, Eszter quickly covers it up, hardening her face.

Ned grimly walks into the classroom not long after, and a frown etched on his face as he marches over to his best friends. He could still remember that night, the embarrassment and humiliation he felt--although it was mainly directed towards Peter. However, Ned wasn't comfortable with the way Flash started to pick on him for their own amusement, claiming Spider-Man was a no-show.

But not only was Peter a no-show but then Eszter had disappeared from the party, leaving Ned completely alone.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me," Ned cries out.

Eszter glances at Ned apologetically. "Sorry 'bout that, Ned."

"Yeah, well, something came up," Peter gestured to the pieces of alien tech.

Peter continues his poking and prodding, sticking a tool inside the machine as he tugs as hard as possible; a nut pops out from the machine, granting them access to the wires. Eszter decides to offer her assistance, brushing the wires aside before she grabs a good grip of them; then, the enhanced ripped them out of their place. Eszter sets it aside, giving Peter a small look.