33. 𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

ESZTER WAS DROWNING, BUT NO ONE SAW HER STRUGGLING. Unfortunately, no one notices her tears. No one notices her sadness. No one notices her pain. To mask a smile on her face and pretend she was okay, but really, she was breaking more and more. It was the loneliest and uttermost depressing feeling to watch her whole world fall apart at such a young age and to think her life was getting good after her parents' death. Eszter was devastatingly wrong.

And what does she do? Stare blankly or with a smile on her face.

To wish she'd feel the same kind of concern she felt for others, it never felt reciprocated. That, and because Eszter hates admitting her vulnerability, a bomb demolished their apartment and killed her parents when she was vulnerable. Then, she put her trust into a robot seeking revenge, but only to get her brother killed, and Eszter didn't do anything to stop it.

That's it, Eszter had realized. I'm the blame for Pietro's death.

Attached to her like a leech, the Devil and Death lingered in the darkness and took everything and everyone she ever loved, seeming to enjoy the pain it brought to Eszter. Never in her God-forsaken life has Eszter truly felt happy. She thought she did for a while, but who is she kidding? Eszter is miserable. But of course, no one knew that because the enhanced had a way of hiding her emotions--also because no one could feel emotions like Eszter can.

However, Wanda's telepathic abilities somehow didn't cross Eszter's mind because she's her sister, and she could never be angry at her sister. Eszter was turning a blind eye.

The memory of her mama and papa sitting on the couch, oblivious to the bomb that aimed for their heads, and within seconds, it crashed into their apartment, snatching the parents away from three little children. Eszter remembers that night as if it were yesterday--it would reply in her mind at night, but somehow, the enhanced would push it to the very back of her mind. But it was haunting her all over again.

She was being tormented by memories.

The bombing. Hydra. Ultron. Sokovia. Pietro. Thanos. The Blip. The battle. Tony--God, Tony.

Each death after her powers, Eszter could've prevented them, but then again, the enhanced never did. Why didn't she? She could've saved Pietro that day, but all she did was scream and cry, begging for him to wake up. Acting as if she couldn't have protected her brother. But no, Eszter had protected herself.

It should've been me.

But Thanos came along, tormenting Eszter's life since he abruptly appeared into her mind, manipulating her and nearly creating a monster from a few words and pictures. Eszter believes him now. She is a monster, and she was destined to become something horrible than she imagined. She's a killer, whether she likes it or not, Eszter has blood on her hands, and no one can deny that.

Eszter killed Pietro.

Sometimes, Eszter would often wonder what would've happened if she did take Thanos' offer; to become something so unrecognizable, Eszter would've had more power than she ever imagined. Maybe if she had, she could've found a way to bring back Pietro, to bring back Tony.

Thanos could've taught Eszter the way of her powers, seeing as he knew so much then she. The Titan would've answered all her questions, but she was so scared of herself, Eszter cowered the whole time. She was weak, and Eszter couldn't bring herself to be the hero when they needed her the most.

Eszter should've killed Thanos when she had the chance--all that pent-up anger, grief-- she could've used that to her will. Bending the emotions to her sickly games, to torment Thanos with a mere swish of her hand, and boom! Thanos is her mere puppet. The dark thoughts of death ruled Eszter's mind, and all she wished was to give Thanos proper torture, but then the sunshine rose.