25. 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗲𝘀

AFTER A WHILE, EVERYONE WAS FINALLY ON THE PLANE. Eszter hadn't managed to snag the seat beside Peter and Ned, but the enhanced was luckily sitting with Michelle and Betty. Although Eszter would love to sit with her best friend and boyfriend, she also didn't mind sitting with her other best friend as well. Eszter enjoys her time with Michelle, and she definitely likes having time away from Peter to discuss her relationship with her girl best friend.

Eszter trailed behind Michelle as they walked down the small aisle of the plane, trying to shuffle their way through while searching for their seats. As they continued down the plan, Michelle noticed the way eyes settled behind her as they passed by the row of people; for a while, Michelle had wondered if they were staring at her, but she had realized it was Eszter that they were staring at. Upon noticing Michelle's harsh stare in return, they'd revert to themselves as they act natural.

Much to Michelle's surprise, Eszter seemed unaffected--from the eyes.

"I don't know how you're so used to people just staring at you," Michelle crinkles her nose uncomfortably, glaring at each people that gawked at her friend. The urge to protect Eszter took control because she hates how everyone was merely looking at her friend. It was like she was a freak--sure, Eszter's different, but she's still human.

Eszter snorts but stops upon sensing Michelle's emotions. "You get used to it after a while. I just try and look on the bright side," Michelle perks a brow, and though Eszter couldn't see it, the enhanced manages to tap into her friend's feelings. "No one really bothers me that much, unless they're really brave, then yeah. But most of the time, they're afraid of me."

Michelle snickers. "Hey, now that's a cool superpower--being alone, my specialty," the curly-haired girl turns around to give Eszter a supporting grin.

"You're not lonely if I'm always with you."

"You're right," Michelle hums thoughtfully. "How about you don't sit with me."

Eszter scoffs. "Shut up."

The two laugh. Suddenly, a voice calls out from the other side of the aisle as the two girls stop in front of Ned and Peter--it had been Flash Thompson. From what Eszter can see, he was holding an alcoholic drink in his hand, hair longer and much curlier than she remembers.

"Yo, Parker! This is called an airplane. It's like the buses you're used to," Eszter raises a brow in amusement. "Except, it flies over the poor neighborhoods instead of driving through them."

"Ma'am," Eszter calls upon spotting a flight attendant. The woman humans as she peeks from behind the wall. "He blipped, so technically, he's sixteen, not twenty-one," Eszter smirks, entertained by the sheer annoyance Flash felt toward her.

Behind Eszter and Michelle, Brad sniggers to himself how quickly the enhanced was to call Flash out, though he was unaware of the two's friendship. Eszter and Flash's friendship consists of the two arguing and bonding, but they often butt heads as they're both not the type to back down. Two stubborn souls.

Aware of this information, the flight attendant snatches the cup. "I'll take that," she softly interjects.

Flash shook his head at Eszter but only received a smug from her. "She's lying! I don't even know that girl," he rushes after the woman.

Without looking over her shoulder, Michelle raises her fist for Eszter to pound her own fist against it. The two friends grin as they continued down the aisle, but not before Eszter flashes Peter a smile--it was different from the smug grins or teasing smiles; something about Eszter's smile created butterflies in Peter's belly.