Vendetta

Sams POV

Sams POV

Felicity and I had something to tell Mr. Steele so we went up to his office to tell him, but Felicity being... well Felicity decided to start rambling first, "How was you trip to Australia? I've always wanted to go down under. Its just... I have this thing about kangaroos. More o f a phobia. They wig me out, they look evil and I'm pretty sure their pictures up on, like everything everywhere int hat country."

I just smile awkwardly at Mr. Steele when he states, "You two had something important to tell me, Sam, Ms. Smoak?"

"Yes, we did." I started. "It's about Tempest."

"Your wife's mysterious LLC the one she diverted company funds to." Felicity finished.

"I appreciate your diligence on this but, uh it was a simple misunderstanding between my wife and I. Everything's been resolved." Mr. Steele explained.

"No, see it hasn't." Felicity said.

"There was something about the money transfer that felt hinky to us." I explained before Felicity took over.

"The money your wife withdrew from the company we weren't the only ones who tracked it."

"She was being shadowed by another entity and whoever it is, they're good, NSA good-"

"But as you know, we're good too."

"-So even though they left almost no trace of their presence in our system, we did manage to find one thing" Once I finish Felicity hands him the paper copy of what we found.

"Well one image." Felicity corrects. "Does that symbol mean anything to you, sir?"

"No." Mr. Steele said after a pause. "What means something to me is not only one but two of my employees prying into my wife's private business without authorization." He said making me cringe. "And should it happen again I'll have you both suspended. Is that clear?"

"Crystal." We both stated slightly scared.

Once we were out the door Felicity looked at me and said, "I thought you said he wasn't scary?"

"He normally isn't." I defend. "This must be serious."

"You think?! We almost got suspended over it."

The next day Felicity and I were back up in Mr. Steeles office because he wanted to see us apparently.

"You wanted to see us, Mr. Steele?" Felicity asks after clearing her throat.

"Did I mention its almost Christmas and many of the suicides this time of year are due to sudden and unexpected joblessness?" I question with Felicity nodding in agreement with me.\

"I want you two to find out all you can about that notebook." He said making Felicity walk closer to his desk to see said notebook. "Where it was made, how it was purchased, and what it could mean."

"Yes, sir." We both say. Felicity picking up the notebook.

"Felicity, Sam." Mr. Steele states before we can turn around. "I asked Josiak Hudson, our head of security, to look into the same subject matter. He died the next day under questionable circumstances. What I may be asking of you both, this mystery, are you two sure you want to do this?"

"I hate mysteries. They bug me. They need to be solved." Felicity states.

"I agree. Now that I know I can't walk away until this is solved." I say before Felicity and I turn around and walk away.

Once we are in the elevator Felicity starts, "I'm going to start driving you home every day. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Likewise. I think its better if we stick together." I agree.

The next day Felicity and I went up to Mr. Steeles office, once we walked in Felicity turned the lights off making our boss question, "What are you doing?"

"It needs to be dark in here if we're gonna do this." I say before cringing. "If I had had more time to think of that sentence it wouldn't have sounded so dirty."

Luckily Felicity saved me from further humiliation, "Look." She said handing Mr. Steele the notebook back.

"I don't see anything." Our boss said looking through the notebook.

"We got these from applied sciences. They're able to pick up the sub-visible variations in the UV spectrum." I state handing Mr. Steele the glasses.

"Now, look at the book again." Felicity says causing him to do just that.

"Thank you." Mr. Steele thanks continuing to read the book.

"Look at you." Felicity started once we left Mr. Steeles office. "You remembered everything I taught you. I'm like a proud mother." She said dramatically with a hand over her heart causing me to laugh.

A/N Sorry this is so short! There wasn't much I could fit Sam in and it not be awkward.