Vertigo

Sams POV

Sams POV

I was sitting on Thea's bed while she looked in the mirror when Oliver came in. "Hey, we should get going. Judges don't appreciate the value in being fashionably late." He says making me laugh a little and glance at me with a smile.

"Got any other tips?" Thea asks sarcastically.

"Let the lawyer do all the talking. They'll give you a pad and paper but do not play tic-tac-toe. Judges don't appreciate that either." He says walking up to her. "Come on, Speedy."

"I know." She says. "I know. Keep on trying to get up and go, but... just don't. I wish dad were here."

"I'm here. Sam's here also." He says gesturing to me making me wave and smile at her.

Just then Mrs. Queen walks in, "We should leave now, Thea."

Once we got there, there was a lot of news people outside making it hard to get in, and even harder with my crutches. Many people were yelling at the Queens and surprisingly me. "Miss Queen. Miss Amor. Thea, Sam, over here." They were yelling with us ignoring. "Can we get a comment? Just one comment!" I saw Thea and Oliver grab hands. "Thea, are you going into rehab? Sam, are you pressing attempted murder charges? Miss Queen, are you being dispelled from Balliol prep? Are either of you worried about the outcome?"

I had already said that I wasn't pressing attempted murder charges, so I was sitting next to Oliver behind Thea. "Docket ending 1-10-5-6, people vs. Thea Dearden Queen." The officer starts. "Possession of a controlled substance driving under the influence of a controlled substance."

"Counselors, I understand you've reached a plea agreement." The judge states.

"We have Your Honor." Counselors states from next to Thea. "Given that my client is a juvenile the people have generously agreed to probation."

"Juvenile?" The judge questions. "Says right here she's 18."

"She is 18 now, Your Honor, but at the time of arrest, she was still two days shy of her 18th birthday. Miss Queen has no priors."

"Well, just because Miss Queen's family sweeps her priors under the rug doesn't mean they don't exist. You get your client off and you help your boss avoid dealing with the drug that's sweeping across our city like a plague. Everyone wins, except us the people of Starling City."

"Your Honor, with all due respect—"

"Miss Queen, like it or not you are now the poster child for this menace. Maybe if people see that the Queen family can't get away with using Vertigo they'll think twice before using it themselves. The plea arrangement is denied. This case will proceed to trial." The judge states hitting the mallet. Everyone started talking while Oliver and I shared a worried glance. As Thea glanced back at us scared.

As we were walking in a separate room Mrs. Queen starts, "They can't do this. That man cannot send my daughter to prison."

"What are our options?" Oliver asks.