State v. Queen

Sams POV

I was at work watching the news about STAR Labs particle accelerator when Dig came in. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you look disgusting." I tell him.

"Yeah. Well, I don't feel great, Sam." He says before asking. "Is there a right way to take that?"

I get up to stand next to him. "You should go home." I tell him.

"I am... going." He tells me. "I just need to make arrangements for a.. replacement body guard."

"Did you get the flu shot?" I ask him walking into Oliver's office to put a file on his desk. "Personally, I never do. I know that I should. I just I have this thing about needles. All pointy things, really." I start walking back out. "Which is ironic considering who we work with."

"Yeah, it's not the flu, Sam, its more like..." But he doesn't finish a she collapses. I try to catch him but obviously I'm not strong enough.

"Dig!" I call to him.

I had called Felicity up and we were able to get Dig to the Arrowcave. "What are you doing here?" Dig asks Oliver as he walks in.

"Heard you passed out." Olive responds.

"I told Sam not to call you." He says.

"Yeah, but, before that you said 'gaw' and 'thud' so I didn't take it very seriously." I tell him.

"She was right to call me." Oliver backs me up. "You need medical attention."

"He needs more than that." Felicity says. "When Dig passed out, we sent a sample of his blood to a chemist we know at QC."

"Guy owes us a favor. Long story." I tell him. "We fixed his parking ticket. Guess it's not that long."

"Sam." Oliver says. "Blood sample."

"Yeah. It came back positive for trace amounts of Vertigo." I tell him.

"I never used Vertigo before in my life." Dig says.

"You were exposed to it somehow." Felicity states.

"Vertigos in play again?" Oliver asks.

"When the Count recovered from his OD on Vertigo he was sent to Iron Heights." I tell him leaving Felicity to tend to Dig as I walk over to our computers to pull up some stuff.

"That got hit in the quake." Oliver says. "He got out the same way the Dollmaker did?"

"And just like with the Dollmaker prison officials worked overtime to keep a lid on the escape." I tell him. "I know what your thinking."

"No you don't." He tells me as he walks closer to me to stand in front of me. "I made a choice not to put an arrow in this guy and it was the right choice. There's no more killing." I nod. "I worked this up to counteract the effects of Vertigo." He hands me a syringe. "Give it to Diggle. I... I need to get back to court. While I'm gone just work up whatever you can and figure out how Diggle got Vertigo in his system without his knowledge."

"Go." I tell him. I hand Felicity the syringe as I start working on finding out how Dig got Vertigo in his system.

Later on Dig was sitting up with Felicity beside him to make sure he didn't fall when Oliver came in. "How are you feeling?" Oliver asks Dig.

"Fine." Dig tells him.

"You have a lousy poker face." Oliver tells Dig. "Did he take the antidote?"

"Didn't work." Felicity says.

"The Count must have futzed with the recipe." I say from where I'm sitting at the computers.