Blind Spot

Sam's POV

Oliver was interrogating a man about the substance Roy was injected with, when I had an idea, I looked at Felicity and I could tell she was thinking the same thing. "Ask him what color shoes he's wearing." I tell Oliver through the comms.

"What?" He asks.

I sigh. "You want this guy to take a polygraph via Bluetooth, cool, but... we need to hear him establish a base line." I explain.

"We need to hear him tell the truth just once." Felicity continues. We listen and watch the polygraph, realizing he wasn't lying. "He's not lying."

"He's out there, somewhere." Oliver states.

"Come home." I tell him. "We can't do anymore tonight."

"Has Roy mentioned anything about the man in the skull mask who injected him?" Felicity asks as Oliver comes in the Arrowcave the next day.

Oliver sighs before answering, "Roy's not the kind of guy who's comfortable discussing his feelings."

"Not like you and me." Dig says sarcastically.

"Don't yell at me, but I really think we need a new plan on how to find this creepy mask guy." I state. "Scaring the crap out of lowlifes isn't yielding results."

"Sam, I'm open to any and all suggestions." He tells me.

"Oliver, maybe we're over thinking this." Dig says. "What if the mask simply got wind that you're after him and decided to skip town?"

"He didn't go to all the trouble of recreating the serum and testing it on people just to walk away. He's still out there." Oliver explains. "And we need to locate him."

Just then, the phone rings causing me to pick it up. "Lance," I read. "for the Arrow."

I hand it to Oliver as he answers is. "Yeah, detective?" He answers waiting for Lance to speak. "What is it?" Oliver then leaves saying something about meeting someone.

The next day, Felicity, Dig, Oliver, and I were all sitting in the conference room of Queen Consolidated. "Laurel was right. We hacked Blood's cellphone records." I inform them as Felicity takes over.

"The alderman and Gold have stayed buddies since Zandia Orphanage." She states.

"So what?" Dig asks as he gets up and walks to Felicity's side. "They kept in touch. Doesn't exactly mean that Sebastian Blood is the man in the skull mask."

"Uh, his last name is Blood." I say.

"That can't be a good sign." Felicity agrees.

"Sam, Felicity, he's dedicated his life, risked his life to help the people of the Glades and in his spare time, he's a murder trying to create an army of human weapons?" Dig questions rhetorically.

"You're a personal bodyguard who fights crime at night with his billionaire boss." Felicity points out. "Not a lot of people show their real face in public."

"Oliver, what are you thinking?" I ask him, noticing his quietness.

"Laurel gave me a case number to start with." He responds getting up and walking to stand in front of Felicity and me, causing us to stand up. "We need to know if Sebastian really killed his father. Then we figure out if there's a chance he has the Mirakuru formula." He hands me the case file.

"We're on it." I tell him as Felicity and I both walk away looking at the file.

Felicity, Dig, and I were sitting at my desk when Oliver came up. Felicity nudged me to go talk to him causing me to get up and meet him halfway to my desk.