The Scientist

Sams POV

"Mrs. Queen, welcome back to the company." I tell her as she, Oliver, and Dig exit the elevator.

"Thank you." She tells me.

"You look fabulous." I tell her. "Did you do something to your hair?"

"Yes, I shampooed it without eight women and a guard watching." She tells me.

I laugh before glancing at Oliver and asking, "Was it okay to laugh? Because I was ordered not to say anything about you being in prison just to avoid any awkward exchanges."

She just walks past me with Oliver following. He pauses in front of me, "Like that one." He says quietly before following his mother.

"Right." I whisper turning to sit at my desk.

Later on I was with Dig, Felicity, and Oliver looking at where something had been stolen from a Queen Consolidated warehouse.

"This dort was made of expanded reinforced titanium." Dig states standing up. "What did they use to do this?"

"Not sure yet." Lances says. "No sign of any explosives. Maybe a crane, maybe a forklift. We're guessing there was at least three of them, maybe four. Given how quick they got in and out of here, they were fast. Any idea what these guys were so hot to break in here for? Didn't happen to leave a spare earthquake machine lying around, did y'a?" Oliver just looks at him. "Sorry."

"This is what we're able to pull off the security cameras." A guy said coming up between Oliver and I. He shows it to us before stating, "The only guy we got on video. The rest of the crew must've come in after him."

"Actually it was only one guy." A man says coming up behind us. "Uh, sorry I'm late. Actually, my train was late. Well, the second one. The first one I did miss but that was my can drivers fault. I've got this amazing traffic app, and... he thought that he was right. But, I'm here now, though, so."

"Great. Who the hell are you?" Lance asks him.

"Do your parents know that you're here?" Oliver asks sarcastically making me elbow him to be nice.

"I'm Barry Allen." He introduces. "I'm from the Central City Police Department. Ok with the crime scene investigation unit." He pulls out a badge showing it to us. "We're working on a case with some similar unexplained elements in Central City. So, when the report of your robbery came over the wire my captain sent me up here."

"And you think one guy ripped through this door like it was tin foil?" Lance asks.

"One very strong guy, yes." Barry explains. "Uh, it takes about 1,250 foot pounds of torque to break someone's neck. See the marks on the guards neck?" He shows us. "The bruising pattern suggests the killer used only one hand. I'm guessing, you don't know how hard it is to break someone's neck." Barry looks at Oliver as he says this.

"Hmm? No, no idea." Oliver states.

"Uh, we're gonna need a list of the entire inventory here to figure out exactly what was stolen." The guy from behind Oliver and I states.

Oliver nods before Barry speaks up, "Actually, I think I know what was stolen. A centrifuge. An industrial centrifuge. Probably the Cord Enterprises 2BX-900." He leads us to what he's talking about. "Maybe the six series. Both have a three column base. There, you can see the three sets of broken bolts where the thief just ripped it out of the ground."

"And what exactly is a centrifuge?" Lance asks.

"It separates liquids." Felicity and I both say together before I continue. "The centripetal acceleration causes denser substances to separate out along the radical direction."