League of Assassins

Sams POV

Dig, Felicity, and I all got a text from Oliver to come to Verdant, so we did. "I'm not one man." We hear Oliver say as we walk in. "These are my friends. This is John Diggle, Felicity Smoak, and Sam Amor. Guys. This is Sara."

"Welcome home, Sara." Dig says as Felicity says, "Welcome."

"I was happy to hear you're not dead anymore." I say. "I mean, I didn't know you before you didn't die the first time. I'm still glad you're alive."

"You're cute." Sara says amused.

"We just had an uninvited guest in the Queen mansion." Oliver explains. "Trained. Highly skilled. And he was dressed like Merlyn."

"The last I checked Malcolm Merlyn was dead courtesy of an arrow jammed through his heart." Dig says.

"It wasn't him. It was a follower, an underling bent on revenge." Oliver says. "Whoever it was... he knows who I am." He hands me a bag of dirt and leads me to the computers.

"Gee, I didn't get you a bag of dirt." I say sarcastically.

"I found it in the house. Copycat Merlyn tracked it in." Oliver explains as Felicity and I sit at our desk. "I want you two to analyze it. Hopefully, it'll lead me to him."

"Then what?" Felicity asks as Dig comes to stand on her other side.

"If this pretender wants to follow Malcolm Merlyn so badly he can follow him right into a grave." Oliver tells us before turning to face Sara. "Sara? We'll find this guy."

Felicity and I start working before we hear Sara, "I don't want you to." She says causing us all to look at her.

"What do you mean?" Oliver asks.

"He wasn't after you, Ollie." Sara states. "He's after me."

"Who is he?" Oliver questions.

"He's called Al Ow-al 'The First.' And he's a member of the League of Assassins." She explains.

"Wait, wait. The League of Assassins?" Dig asks. "I thought they were a myth."

"What's the League of Assassins?" Felicity and I ask together causing Sara to look at as confused before shaking it off.

"And please don't say it's a league made up of assassins." I say.

"It's an urban legend, I heard about them in Afghanistan from a tribal leader." Dig says. "He claimed there was an ancient sect of assassins. Deadly warriors that killed and vanished like ghosts. Thought he was smoking what he was selling."

"I tried to tell you, Ollie, but you wouldn't listen." Sara says.

"That's where you've been the past four years." Oliver states. "That's where you learned to fight." She nods. "You're one of them."

"After the freighter a member of the league rescued me, took me in and brought me to Nanda Parbat." Sara explains. "They remade me into what I am. I swore them my allegiance."

"Why are they kicking down doors trying to find you now?" Dig asks.

She turns to look at us. "Because I left." She tells us. "And there's only one way that you can leave the league."

"Is that why you didn't want to see your family?" Oliver asks.

"A year ago, I was in Guyana. I was sent there for a man named Suarez. He was a local diplomat. And I slit his throat... in his bed. And his kids... They found his body in the morning. I'm a murderer Ollie. You think that my family will be happy to see me?" She questions rhetorically.