Darkness on the Edge of Town

Sams POV

"I've been watching your mother for days now. Oliver." Dig tells him as Felicity and I sit at our desk. "And nothing. She goes to work, she come home. Occasionally she goes out to dinner. She seems to particularly like the salmon tartare at Table Salt."

"We're linked into her home and office phone." I inform them. "Nothing out of the ordinary."

"No mention of Walters abduction or the Undertaking." Felicity finishes. "Just a few innocuous calls to Malcolm Merlyn."

"Why wouldn't she call him?" Oliver asks rhetorically. "They're old friends. We're all old friends."

I get up and walk closer to him. "Are you okay?" I ask softly.

"My mom and my best friends dad are involved in a conspiracy that may have dire consequences for the city and I'm pretty sure they murdered my father I'm not planning on using the word 'okay' again any time soon." Oliver rants.

"Listen, all we know for sure is that Malcolm and you mother are planning something for the glades." Dig says walking over to us.

"And that Walter, Sam, and I were getting to close to it that's why they had him kidnapped." Felicity says also joining us.

"We have to find out what this Undertaking is." I say.

"I got to ask her." Oliver says getting up.

"Well, no, t-the last time the Vigilante paid your mom a visit, you got shot, and I got to play doctor with you." I say following him as he grabs his bow. I cringe before continuing. "Ugh! My brain thinks if the worst way to say things."

"This time it'll just be me asking." Oliver explains. "Friendly mother-son chat." He walks out.

Obviously it wasn't just a 'Friendly mother- son chat' since Oliver had Dig dress up as the Hood and threaten him.

"Oh my god. What..." I say when I see Oliver. "You said you were gonna pull your punches."

"I did." Dig tells me.

"Let me get you an ice pack for... everything." I tell him inspecting his face.

"I'm fine." Oliver reassures me quietly. "I need you do dig up everything you can on UNIDAC Industries."

"Well, we know Queen Consolidated acquired them seven months ago." Felicity speaks up from her chair as I sit next to her.

"I need information about what I don't know." Oliver says from beside me.

"UNIDAC is a small research and development technology company that specializes in seismic infringement." I say reading my screen.

"Merlyn plans on leveling the Glades with a device that triggers a man-made earthquake." Oliver tells us.

"You're kidding?" Felicity says shocked.

"What else does it say?" Oliver asks.

"More information on the stock auction and, you know, the listed on what the media's calling—" I say before Oliver cuts me off.

"The UNIDAC massacre." He finishes for me.

"There's no way this timing is a coincidence." Dig says.

"Oliver, there's a website claiming the olive suspect the copycat archer." I tell him looking at him.

"What?" He asks.

"The other archer works for Merlyn? Felicity asks.

"He's tying up loose ends." Oliver states looking at me. "Erasing all evidence this device exists so no one can trace the devastation back to him."