Chapter 2

1st Month

"Okay so that's about it" Karin stated as she looked at her room, various paintings and supplies everywhere as the woman turned towards a man placing a box down "Thanks Tomoda" she smiled.

"No problem, call if you need any help" The boy smiled as Karin nodded and smiled before she turned back to her boxes as she looked inside them and began to take stuff out.

"Uhh, this is gonna take a while" Karin complained loudly though she soon heard the floor creak as the women turned towards the door to see an orange-haired boy stood there before he gasped and ran away.

'He's been doing that since I got here, too scared to talk to me it seems' Karin sighed heavily before she moved to the window, her eyes looking down at the class before her eye turned to a certain teacher who smiled at them all.

"Ah!" Karin slightly yelped ducking once Kazuma had spotted her, she sighed heavily as she sat on the floor. She simply looked up from sitting on the floor.

"Oh hey, kid" Karin started walking into the kitchen to see the orange-haired boy standing there before he gasped and glared at the brown-haired woman as she sighed.

"Are you hungry?" she asked while Kyo only continued to glare at the women who stood there as she looked at him.

"No! I don't want anything from you!" Kyo shouted at the woman as she simply looked at him with a blank expression before his stomach rumbled and the boy blushed.

"Hmm, Well I guess I will cook extra if you want some" Karin started with a small smile as she headed to the kitchen, Karin smiled as she looked noticing a certain boy watching her.

"There we go," Karin stated, placing a plate in front of the boy as he looked at her before he looked back at the food and started eating it. She watched him.

"Can I ask you something" the boy mumbled as he looked down, Karin hummed and unknown to the two a certain man stood near the door "Why weren't you there for my mom and me?" Kyo asked as Karin stiffened.

"Hmm, Because I was stupid" Karin stated as the boy looked up at her as she wore a sad smile " I didn't realize how good it was till I let it go" She stated looking down as Kyo's eyes were wide.

"But I'm going to try and make it up to you kid," Karin said with a small smile as she ruffled the boy's hair, Kyo glared.

"Don't treat me like a kid!" Kyo shouted as Karin smiled slightly before the boy stuffed his face.

"Something smells good" a voice interrupted as the two turned to see Kazuma stood there, Karin smiled at him.

"Yeah, I made something I hope you don't mind. I left some for you" Karin said with a smile as Kazuma looked at her before he smiled.

"Thank you" Kazuma stated as Karin smiled and turned towards Kyo with a smirk.

"Kyo likes it" Karin smiled while Kyo looked at her before she glared at the women.

"I'm just eating it cause I'm hungry, you're not that good of a cook" Kyo stated while Karin wore an irritated expression on her face before she glared at the boy.

"Hey brat, watch who you're talking to! Is that how you treat someone who just made you a meal!" Karin shouted at the boy as Kyo glared.

"Don't call me a brat!" Kyo shouted while the woman glared as she smirked at him.

"Then don't act like one!" Karin shouted back while Kazuma chuckled to himself watching as the two argued through his eyes drifted to the small smile on Kyo's face.

"Alright, so bath time now" Karin stated to the two males who sat at the table as they looked up at her as she held two towels and passed them to them.

"You didn't have to run it for us" Kazuma states while the woman looked down at him with a glare on her face.

"Are you kidding me?! If I didn't then you both wouldn't have one and you both have been running around training and sweating. If I'm living here now, I'm not having you both stink" Karin stated with Kyo glared.

"I don't stink!" Kyo shouted running towards the women as Karin looked down at him.

"Are you kidding, people from across the sea can smell you" Karin said before she placed her fingers on her nose as Kyo glared.

"Master! Tell her I don't smell!" Kyo shouted as both he and Karin looked at the older man who slightly smiled at the glare Karin was giving him.

"I think we do need a bath, but we can have one together" Kazuma smiled while getting up while Kyo grumbled, grabbing his towel before he glared at the older woman who stuck out her tongue as he walked to the bathroom.

"I honestly don't know how you both managed so long, you can't even cook or clean" Karin started with a sigh as the man looked at her with a smile.

"Thank you for helping out" Kazuma smiled while holding his towel while the woman looked up at his brown eyes as she blushed slightly.

"It's the least I could do for letting me live here" She mumbled looking away while she blushed and the man just smiled and walked away.

"Alright so....." Karin trailed off looking at the blank canvas as she sighed loudly before her head rested against it as she groaned loudly against it, the night sky was out as well as the shining stars.

"Are you struggling?" a voice questioned as Karin's eyes widened looking to the door to see Kazuma standing there in his nighttime Kimino as she sighed.

"Yes, I'm struggling with what to paint and my manager wants something soon" Karin started with a sigh as she made her way to the bed.

"did you ever meet her?" Karin suddenly asked as the man looked at her as he walked further into the room, soon standing near her "My sister?" she questioned.

"No, unfortunately not, I only heard," Kazuma stated while Karin nodded as she looked to the floor.

"We were the opposite, I mean she was such a gentle and fragile person" Karin stated while the man sighed as he soon sat beside her on the bed as she sighed "the littlest thing would upset her and I did worry about her" Karin stated as she clenched her fist.

"But when I spoke to her on the phone she said she was fine, so I assumed she was but if I have noticed-" Karin stated before her eyes widened as she looked at the man before she shook her head.

"Sorry about that, I don't know what overcame me. It's getting late" Karin stated, standing up from her bed as Kazuma frowned at her.

"Your right" Kazuma started walking towards the door as Karin followed her standing beside it as Kazuma looked back at her. "I'm here if you want to talk" he smiled.

"Thank you... Kazuma" she stated with a smile as Kazuma's eyes widened slightly before he nodded and smiled as the door closed and he walked away.

"I'm here for Kyo, Not for myself" Karin started shaking her head before she placed the paints away and popped herself in bed with a slight smile.