Chapter 15

"That bloody phone! I just want to paint in peace!" Karin said stomping her way to the phone. Kazuma was out currently so Karin has the house to herself and took it as an opportunity but she got interrupted

"Hello?" Karin said through gritted teeth, still in an apron and paintbrush in hand.

"Karin~" a voice sang as Karin sighed loudly

"How May I help you Shigure," Karin said again, her teeth still gritted

"Rin's here" Shigure simply said asked as Karin's eyes widened, she dropped the paintbrush.

"Is-is she okay? Why is she at yours? Has she eaten, is she-" Karin was cut off by a chuckle as she rolled her eyes

"Rin is fine. Tohru is taking care of her" Shigure said while Karin simple sighed again

"Aren't you the adult? Shouldn't you be looking after her?" Karin asked with irritation.

"Yeah, but Tohru is so good at it," Shigure said "Hatori was here as well, recommended she goes back to the hospital" he finished

"She won't go, I will be there soon," Karin said

"No, come in the morning. It's late and I don't think now is the best time" Shigure said with a smirk on his face as Karin simple stopped, glaring at the phone

"Like hell," Karin said as she slammed the phone down and rushed towards the door and grabbed her shoes before she stopped

"We're not a puzzle for you to fix!"

"Uhh," Karin said sitting on the floor, her hand in her hair as she thought long and hard before going outside and pulling out a cigarette.

"God, I haven't used this in a while" she mumbled to herself as she took a breath,  her eyes widened as she soon heard footprints

"Shit!" She curried quickly placing the cigarette down and stomping on it before she looked up and smiled at some older women walking around as she sighed loudly.

'What should I do?' She thought looking up, almost asking for her but no matter how much she asked no one would answer till she saw the sun coming up.

"Screw this!" She shouted soon grabbing her coat before she ran, her breath heavy.

"Rin!" A voice called out as the girl who rested in Torhus's arms cried as everyone looked to see the brown-haired woman out of breath.

"Who called Karin?" Kyo muttered while Shigure simple chuckled as Yuki smiled.

"Karin" Rin mumbled still sitting on the floor of the stairs as Tohru sat next to her, a warm smile on her face.

"Rin!" Karin called out again before hugging the girl, Rin's eyes widened remembering back to when she was a little girl.

"Mum" she mumbled as she hugged the woman back, tears streaming down her face and Tohru watched with tears as Karin looked at her.

"Tohru" Karin smiled before reaching out and hugging the girl as well, knowing Tohru missed her mother as the three women hugged and the 3 men smiled.

"Thank you for letting me stay" Karin bowed towards Shigure as he simply smiled. She sat at the table while Tohru was in the kitchen.

"It's fine" Shigure smiled while Karin looked back at the kitchen with a frown.

"You sure you don't want me to help you?" Karin asked while Tohru simple smiled.

"No. I wouldn't want to trouble you. Is there anything you don't like?" Tohru asked kindly as Karin hummed.

"Chives. I can't stand them" Karin said with a smile as her eyes widened slightly before smiling.

"Kyo doesn't like them either!" Tohru said with a smile as Karin chuckled

"Where is Kyo? Don't you all have school?" Karin questioned looking around the house

"Why do you care you old hag!" Kyo shouted coming from the door as Karin simple glared

"Watch who you're speaking to brat!" Karin shouted grabbing his collar as the two glared at each other while Shigure simple chuckled and Tohru panicked

"Shall I go and take Rin her food?" Thu asked while Karin suddenly let go of Kyo and looked at Tohru.

"No, I can take it up for her and I will be taking her back to the hospital today. So we don't trouble you further" Karin smiled as Tohru's eyes widened

"Are you sure? Will Isuzu be okay?" Tohru asked with concern as Karin smiled widely, looking at the brown-haired girl.

"Your so lovely Tohru. You will make your husband very happy. Right Kyo?" Karin smiled patting the girl on the head before taking the plate.

"Ah!" Tohru shouted, with a wild blush on her face while Kyos eyes widened on seeing Karin smirk at him.

"Why the hell would you say that you old hag!" Kyo shouted red as well while Shigure simple chuckled to himself

"Why are you so loud stupid cat?" Yuki questioned now walking into the room while Karin simple walked past with a smirk on her face as she hummed.

Karin soon stopped, her eyes looking down the corridor to see all three of the teens. Kyo, Yuki and Tohru. A wide grin on her face as she looked at them arguing and smiling.

"Rin, I'm not arguing with you," Karin said, hands on her hips as Rin looked away from the women and out the Window.

"Kazuma is on his way now, so we're taking you back to the hospital!" Karin shouted once again and Rin simple looked away.

"Uhhh, Rin. I can't physically help you, only trained doctors can. Please" Karin said again with a frown as she placed her hand on the girl's back as she sighed.

"Fine but not for long, just till I'm well," Rin said stubbornly as Karin smiled slightly.

"That's a deal. Now get up and get ready" Karin said with a smile as she reached for her bag.