Chapter 10

3 Year later

"Huh? Hatsuharu is everything okay?" Karin asked in concern looking at the small boy who was out of breath and stood at the front door of their house.

"Rin, she's passed out!" He shouted as Karin's eyes widened remembering back to a child, she knew was upset and in danger before she rushed out the door.

"I'm gonna go to her! Get Kazuma!" She shouted running out of the house, her eyes filled with concern. as Haru's eyes were wide looking at the women before nodding and running inside.

Karin ran, Her breath heavy as she signed loudly, Knowing what's happened 'Why? Why didn't I do anything then, when I saw her with her parents that time' Karin thought 

'I should know the signs, as I went through them myself' her eyes scanning the area before her eyes widened as she ran towards a body that laid on the floor, she looked scared as she slowed down.

"Rin?" Karin questioned kneeling beside the small child before she gently grabbed the girl so her face could be resting on Karin's legs as she looked down at the girl in concern before signing.

"Your okay now" Karin smiled moving her hair out of the way stroking her cheek as Rin looked up with blurry vision tears in her eyes as she looked at the brown eyes before she fell unconscious.

"Hey, hey you're okay now" a voice rang out as Rin's eyes slowly opened, and she was met with a concerned expression of Karin Sohma who sat beside her bed, Her face smiling.

"K-Karin?" She questioned as the woman nodded with a concerned smile before the girl's eyes widened as she shot up "I have to go home!" She shouted as Karin's eyes widened.

"Hey, hey hold on" Kazuma s coming from next to Karin as she held the girl while Karin wore a worried expression as Haru stood to the side "Do you remember who we are? Were Kyo's adoptive parents" Kazuma said with a smile.

"We have called your parents," Karin said while Rin's eyes widened looking at the woman who simply smiled softly at her while Rin shook in fear Karin seeing this.

"We're concerned about the number of injuries you have, and we want to hear an explanation," Kazuma said finishing Karin off as the women sat beside the small girl.

"Huh? But... But why?" Rin questioned with eyes wide as Karin frowned as well as Haru who sat on the floor "You don't need to do that. Don't ask them anything! Just leave us alone!" Rin shouted at Karin sighed

"It wasn't them! It was my fault!" Rin started to shout grabbing onto Karin as the woman looked at her concern as she reached out and held the girl by the arms.

"It's not your fault," Karin said sternly as Rin's eyes widened before they saw figures at the hospital door. Rin's parents.

"You don't ever need to come home," The mother said while Karin glared at the two parents in the door "Go somewhere else, someplace where I never have to see you again, this isn't going to work" the woman continued as Karin clenched her fists.

"I can't love you anymore," the woman said as Karin glared harder, as Rin had tears streaming down her face.

"No! Wait! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Rin started to beg walking towards them and Karin tried to stop her but she simple clawed away "I promise I will be more careful!" Rin shouted before she fell out of the bed as Karin rushed down toward her

"Rin" Karin simple said but the girl kept crawling towards the door

"I promise! Mama! Papa! Don't leave me!" Rin shouted as Karin had tears in her eyes looking at the small child "I'm so sorry!"

"Stop talking," The father simply said as Rin gasped "We don't want you," he said as Rin escaped a cry falling to the ground as Karin rushed over.

"Seriously? How can you say that to your daughter?!" Haru suddenly shouted shocking everyone as his face filled with anger "what kind of parents are you?! a kid can't cope with crap like that! she blames herself for the things you did!" he shouted again

"They hit us, neglect us! and it hurts! we feel pain just like you do morons!" Haru continued to shout before the parents walked away "Come back apologize" Haru started to walk after them as Kazuma held him back "Apologize to Rin, Tell her your sorry!" Haru shouted as Karin looked at him before she stood up and made her way outside the door

"Hey!" Karin shouted as everyone in the room eyes widened looking at the women as the parents turned around " Rin will be staying with us, she will have a home and be treated the way she deserves so if you ever want to stop being such an asshole and apologize for all the shit! You know where she will be!" Karin shouted as the parent continued to walk.

"So guess your living with us Rin" Karin smiled as the small girl simply looked back at the women in shock.

"So you will be staying in here. This was my room before I moved in with Kazuma" Karin smiled walking into the room and Rin slowly followed

"This is mine?" Rin asked while Karin looked back as She smiled.

"Yeah of course. You staying with us now so you have to have your room. You can decorate how you want" Karin smiled widely before she saw her frown

"Unless you want to stay at the main estate. Zodiac members are allowed. Momiji and Haru are there" Karin said looking at the small girl

"No! I mean I want to stay here.. please" Rin spoke softly as Karin smiled walking towards the girl, in concern, and with a smile.

"This is your room Rin, I want you to feel at home and you can come to me whenever you need" Karin smiled placing her hand on her shoulder while the young girl flinched

"I was hit by my parents a few times" Karin soon said as she sat on the bed, Rin's eyes widened "it was always the worse because no matter what I loved them, they were my parents," Karin said

"Your not alone Rin, I understand," Karin said smiling while Rin's eyes filled with tears

"Karin!" She cried coming towards the woman and hugging her and Karin smiled hugging her back at the young girl sobbing.