Chapter 9

"Huh? Master. Where's Karin?" Kyo asked looking up from his breakfast as Kazuma looked at him with a smile.

"She's isn't feeling the best," Kazuma said while Kyo eyes widened as he shot IP

"Karin's sick!" He shouted in concern while Kazuma smiled

"No, she's upset," Kazuma said ruffling the boy's hair as Kyo looked confused before nodding

"I'm gonna make her some soup!" Kyo shouted while Kazuma's eyes widened slightly before he smiled

"Okay, I will help you" Kazuma smiled.

"Karin," a small voice said coming into the room while the brown-haired woman lifted her head from her bed, looking to see Kyo stood with a tray

"Hey kid" Karin smiled slightly while Kyo just looked at her in concern before he placed the tray on the side.

"I made you soup, my mum always made me soup when I wasn't well!" Kyo shouted while Karin looked at the soup before she smiled

"Thanks, kiddo, I'm not sick... I'm sad" Karin said while Kyo eyes looked up to meet the women

"Why are you sad?" He asked while Karin's eyes widened looking at the boy whose eyes were filled with concern

"A couple of years ago I lost someone very important to me and it would have been his birthday," Karin said as she sat up and leaned against the headboard

"Who?" Kyo asked while Karin signed looking at the boy

"My son"

"Y-You had a son?!" Kyo asked out in shock as Karin simply smiled before she frown looking down at her bowl of soup in the darkroom. 

"Yes, but I lost him before I could even take him home," Karin said while Kyo simply tilted his head in confusion "He died when he was baby," she said before Kyo's eyes widened before he frown.

"I'm Sorry Karin," he said while Karin looked up at him to see his sae expression before she smiled at him and reached out her hand, and caressed his cheek.

"You don't need to be sorry Kyo" She smiled holding his cheek "Because now I have you, I will never be your mu Kyo but we both lost something so important to us but I think that why we were brought together, to help each other" She smiled as Kyo looked up at her.

"That's why I'm so grateful to live here, to be with you, to be with Kazuma as we are a family no matter what" Karin smiled still holding his cheek before his eyes widened.

"Yea! whatever!" Kyo shouted walking away with a stomp as Karin simply smiled seeing the blush on his face "Eat your soup!" he shouted while Karin simply smiled at the boy. 

"Hey," Karin said holding the tray in her hand that held an empty bowl on as she had a blanket draped over her and Kazuma looked up and smiled at her.

"Hello, How are you feeling?" Kazuma asked walking towards her and placing her hand on her cheek as Karin smiled leaning into it

"Better, Kyo cheered me up with the soup and been there," Karin said looking down at the tray that sat there while Kazuma still smiled.

"I appreciate you telling me about him and what happened. I'm glad we shared" Kazuma said still holding her cheek while Karin looked at him with a solemn expression before she reached and grabbed his hand from her cheek

"You told me about your grandfather and everything else" Karin smiled widely at the man who simply smiled though soon Karin looked around "Where is that kid?" she asked.

"Oh, Last time I saw him he was making something in his room," Kazuma said while Karin furrowed her brows in confusion before both she and Kazuma turned as they heard thudding down the stairs. 

"Karin!" A voice shouted as Karin's pale skin and Blankets turned with her as she looked to see Kyo holding a small blue box decorated as a child did it which he did as he held it up for him. 

"Kyo, What is this?" Karin asked with a smile kneeling to be at the same level as the child as Kazuma smiled behind her. 

"It's a box to put special things for your son, Sensei gave me the idea!" Kyo said with a small blush on his face as he looked away, Karin looked at him with tears.

"Oh, Kyo!" Karin cried as Kyo's eyes widened looking to see his aunt crying loudly as Kazuma sweatdropped seeing the stream of tears before Karin wiped her eyes

"Thank you!" She shouted running towards him and hugging him while Kyo's eyes widened while the room soon filled with orange smoke while Karin simply hugged a small cat. 

"Well she liked the present Kyo" Kazuma laughed looking at the heart-warming scene as Karin simple cried into the small cat as Kyo sweatdropped in his form

"Let me go you hag!"

"Kyo? Kyo where are you? I'm sorry for hugging you!" Karin shouted walking into the sitting room and seeing it empty, Karins eyes were filled with concern. 

"Kazuma, Do you know where Kyo is?" Karin soon stated as Kazuma walked down the stairs and met her in the entrance looking around in confusion. 

"Last time I saw him, He said something about this strange woman and her daughter feeling lonely," Kazuma said while Karin looked up at him in confusion 

"What?" Karin asked looking at him as Kazuma simple shrugged and made his way towards the kitchen as Karin looked at him

"Would you like some tea?" Kazuma asked while Karin sighed looking at the door before she simple chuckled.

"You not worried about him?" Karin asked with a tilt of her head with a smile as Kazuma simply looked at her with another smile.

"Of course I am, but I know Kyo. He will always come back in the end" Kazuma smiled as he reached for a cup of tea for the woman as she smiled at him and took the cup.

"I suppose your right" Karin said before she looked back at the door with a slight smile. 

"Hmm" Karin mumbled rubbing her eyes as she walked down the corridor of the upstairs, wearing her sleeping clothes as she rubbed her head, the sun shining through. 

"Kyo" Karin muttered opening the door to his bedroom before her eyes widened looking to see the room empty as she soon ran down the stairs sounding like thunder. 

"Kyo!" Karin shouted looking around the downstairs and running through the different rooms, her eyes had tears in them as she darted to open the door to the garden as she saw it empty

"No. Kyo!" Karin said more tears on her face that were until she heard the door slam open and close her eyes widened as she shot up and ran to the door to see Kyo standing there with an agitated look. 

"Kyo," Karin said in a gasp while Kyo shot up with a glare as he looked about to shout but his eyes soon widened slightly on seeing her expression "I'm so glad you okay" she said with a smile

"you are?" Kyo asked with a wide eyes expression while Karin looked at the boy in concern

"Of course, What happened Kyo, you have a sad expression on your face," Karin asked as she kneeled on the floor, looking at the young boy's eyes filled with worry as Kyo looked at her before tightening his fist. 

"You won't leave me for the stupid rat, will you? Choose him? Want the rat instead of me just like mother and just like Kyoko Honda!" Kyo shouted as Karin's eyes widened before she smiled slightly. 

"Kyo," Karin said her hand reaching out towards him and her hand stroking his hair while Kyo looked up with wide eyes 

"Your mother wanted you Kyo, just like I do" Karin said as Kyo looked at her with wide eyes "I don't know what Happened with Honda, but nothing will ever make me not want you," Karin said smiling

"I love you Kyo, you have become the most important part of my life"