Chapter 10: Dead of Night

*It's dark out as we see a shot of the former place of peace as the Fireflies gather around Rathos.*

Rathos: Don't worry, we will bring back peace.

*The Fireflies fly around but one by one they start to fall to the ground dead..more and more follow in suit as someone walks up to Rathos*

Rathos: Can I help you?

*The person who steps up is Lord Mirage as Rathos has a look of rage on his face.*

Lord Mirage: Pleasure to finally meet you.

*Mirage walks closer as everything around him turns to flames & ashes.*

Rathos: I dreaded this day, I hope you're truly happy with what you've done across the Galaxy?

Lord Mirage: Depends, are you happy to be the lap dog for the Ancient Ones?

Rathos: I don't have to answer that question.

Lord Mirage: You choose not to answer because you understand that what I say speaks volumes of your situation.

Rathos: And this is coming from the fallen angel who was incased for centuries.

Lord Mirage: You call me a "Fallen Angel?" but I was never an angel, I would never want my name in the likes of those who waste their potential keeping this galaxy standing. They are deities whose only way of dying is by force, they live forever yet choose to keep these "humans" safe who wouldn't even drop dead for them if their lives depended on it, if anything I've risen above your standards but I haven't come here to let you stall me.

Rathos: As. I would imagine, I know why you're here.

Lord Mirage: Where is the eye?

Rathos: I have no idea of where the Eye is at in this current moment.

Lord Mirage: You're lying, you live in this place of what used to be peace, where the Keeper rests & become at peace with one's self so it's your job to know where the eye is.

Rathos: ...

Lord Mirage: Tell me where it is.

*Rathos unleashes an energy blast toward Mirage but Mirage dodges with relative ease and snaps his fingers causing a bow & arrow to appear as within an instant he shoots Rathos in the eye*

Rathos: AAAH!

Lord Mirage: I tried letting you off easy but you left me no choice, I'll found out where the eye is whether I have your help or not.

*Rathos falls to the ground with an arrow in his eye, he tries to regain some kind of composure but Mirage steps on his neck.*

Lord Mirage: You did so much but now your services are no longer required.

*Mirage lifts his Scepter up and it drops down forcefully...*

***************************************************************************

Location: Unknown

*The night is still young as a fire is see in the forest, Gabrielle Owens is asleep while Robert is sitting on a cut down tree stump.*

Robert Squared: So that knife of yours, how is it so durable?

Lodestar Luminous: Honestly, I have no idea, I got it during a mission and I've kept it since.