Chapter 17: The End of All Things

*Here we are, a scene where time has basically stood still. In the middle of the Extinction Throne room. On one side, you have Lodestar Luminous who is beyond livid at this point with her knife in hand. On the other side, you have the dark lord… Lord Mirage, his Scepter unleashes a scythe-like sharp end with an eye hole in the middle as his emotionless expression doesn't change in the slightest.*

*Lodestar dashes towards Mirage, attempting to slash him down. Mirage, with little to no effort, is able to dodge each slash until he sees an opening to grab her wrist and throw her to the ground, sending her knife skidding across the floor.*

Lord Mirage: So THIS is the Last Luminous… It truly shows.

Lodestar: *Groans* Save it, you moldy fucking wank sock!

Lord Mirage: Temper, temper… So much like your father.

*At that comment, Lodestar lunges towards her knife and back to her feet. This earns a small chuckle from the Dark Lord, as he starts to walk towards her.*

Lord Mirage: You’d think a being such as myself would simply see your parents as a mere blip on the radar. Just a pair of numbers on a long count of poor souls who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

*Lodestar glares daggers through him as he finally stands but a few inches from her. He looks down at her, one arm holding his scepter and his other behind his back.*

Lord Mirage: But I could never forget them… Out of all of the armies & planets to fall at my hand no other ones stood against me as fearlessly as your people before you. No one before your parents ever truly stood something of a chance against me…

*He leans down to her face so they are eye-to-eye.*

Lord Mirage: But even still… they could not beat me… even if it was “For the Kingdom.”

*Lodestar smashes her head against Mirage with a vicious headbutt, making him stagger back in pain. She dashes towards him, jumping towards him with a knee to the jaw. Mirage grabs onto her before she drops down and tosses her away from him.*

Lord Mirage: Your defiance is admirable…

*Mirage’s scepter begins to glow an almost blackened red as it grows to twice its original size.*

Lord Mirage: But THIS is where your journey & your bloodline ends.

*Lodestar simply looks at him before looking down at her dagger.*

Lodestar: I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

*Lodestar pulls the star necklace from her pocket and puts it on. A sudden rush of power surged through her veins as the necklaces’ magic enveloped her. Her hair flew wild, like a gust of wind had blown past her. Her eyes shone a bright purple alongside the jewel in the silver necklace. Her dagger began to glow the same purple as it, like Mirage’s scepter, began to grow into a long claymore with the Luminous crest dawning on it. The sight earned a smirk from the Dark Lord.*

Lord Mirage: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it seems…

*Lodestar’s response was simply to dash towards him in a bright purple plume. Steel met steel as her blade met with Mirage’s, causing the two of them to come face-to-face once more.*