I hate you - II

Jennie waited in the car with Mr. Lee, her butler.

"Jennie-ssi?"

"Yah, ahjussi! I told you not to be formal!"

"Hahaha, okay, okay, Jennie?"

Jennie hummed in response, eyes still glued on the main entrance door, waiting for Jisoo to come out.

"You like Jisoo-ssi, right?"

Hearing the old man question, making her face turns into a tomato, making Mr. Lee chuckle again.

"Don't worry, Jennie, I know that your dad wouldn't be mad if you dating her, she's a good person, and by the way, she looks at you, I knew she's in love with you."

"Huh?"

"She asked me to come 15 minutes late every day so that she could spend time with you, since both of you are so busy to spend time together. But a month ago, she told me to come earlier, I know something wrong happened between you two" he stopped to laughed and continue again,

"You seem so happy and even smiling like a freak every time I picked you up for the past few months. Jennie, I have been with you for like a decade now, you're like my own daughter. I know that you like her because I never saw you have been so happy before she came. And to be honest, it's so obvious that you like her."

Again, blush creep on her face, making Mr. Lee laughed louder.

"You should fix what happened between you guys, I miss my favorite free coffee"

"Free coffee?"

"Jisoo gave me coffee every day after I dropped you off, she even asked me to drive carefully and take care of you, and if you did something bad to me, she asked me to scold her instead of you"

Jennie surprised by the truth, her eyes were heavy with tears now, she went out of the act immediately, standing in front of the hall, waiting for Jisoo. Right on time, Jisoo came out from the hall, whilst Jennie run towards her, pulled her into a big hug hiding her red face into the latter neck. Jisoo was taken back by the sudden gesture, but quickly grab the latter arm, pulling away from the hug. Jennie was crying loudly when she feel Jisoo pushed her away, grabbing attention from people around them. Jisoo couldn't watch her Jennie crying like this so she pulled Jennie into her embrace again, stroking her back carefully, not knowing what happened.

After a few minutes of crying and hitting Jisoo shoulder, Jennie pulled away and show her puffy eyes, making Jisoo frowned. She was about to say something but then she remembers the reason she kept her distance from Jennie making her take a step back and walk away. Jennie was surprised by the latter action, she was about to cry on her knees when she realized that it wouldn't happen if not because of her stupid outburst. She decided to ignore her pride and makeup with the latter. She run to catch up with Jisoo, she grabbed her arm, Jisoo was about to say something when she felt a slap on her face.

"What the-"

She couldn't continue her words when Jennie attack her with a soft plump lips on her lips. Her eyes widened and she tries to pull away but Jennie already throws her arms around her neck, pulling her closer. Jisoo couldn't help but react to it.

Needing breath, they pulled away, forehead on each other, panting heavily.

"I'm sorry" Jennie whispered and cry again, making Jisoo pull her and hug her, whispering 'it's fine, I'm the one who did everything wrong'
.

------------------

Sitting side by side on the bench with a wide gap between them, Jennie tries to speak, but she couldn't, afraid that the latter hate her already.

"Jen?"
"What are you doing here? I thought people that missed the exam only could enter the school"

Jennie silently cursed, she remembered the event where she pay the security guard and threatened him if he didn't let her entered the school.

"Uhm-"

Seeing Jennie hesitate to answer, Jisoo change the subject,

"Why did you do that?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you slap me and kiss me?"

"I'm sorry"

"I heard that already"
"Jen, I do as you told me what to do, I distance myself just like you want. Now tell me what did I do wrong now?"

"That's it! You avoid me! You obey to my stupid words! I never want you to avoid me! I like you so much! I couldn't be happy when you stay away from me! That day, I was so stupid. I was drained with works, my day was miserable, and I burst out my anger on you! I was so stupid Jisoo! I'm stupid!"

Jisoo just shut her mouth, she stay silent making Jennie realize that she's messed up.

"I'm sorry Jisoo, I'm sorry." Jennie stood up, wanting to leave when she heard Jisoo mumbling,

"You like me?"

Jennie stopped. Fighting her mind whether she should walk away and let it be and break her heart or turn back, convinced Jisoo to accept her.

"You like me?"

Jisoo whispered a little louder.
Jennie remained silent, don't know what to say. She was so nervous thinking that Jisoo hates her after what she did before.

"My grandma passed away."
Jisoo confessed telling her the reason why she didn't come to school on Thursday.

"I was close to her, she's my everything, she's always been by my side. She's the one who makes the coffee bun I used to give you..." Jisoo said in low tones, holding her tears from falling.

Looking up into the sky, she smile weakly,

"She told me to not give up on chasing my dream, but I gave up, knowing that my dream hates me,"

Jennie turned her body, looking at Jisoo who is smiling weakly, but tears could be seen in her eyes.

"Jisoo..."

"You know Jen? When you told me you hate me... I feel like the world stop moving. My leg was numb. I never fall for someone this deep. But hearing your confession before makes me realize that I should back away from you."

Jisoo stops for a second and continues,

"I love you, Jennie. I know this is too early to say it, but someone told me, it's better to regret after doing it than regret not trying to do it."

She then grabbed Jennie's hand kissing her knuckles softly,

"I know that you didn't feel the same... If you said that you like me just because you pity me, stop. It's just hurting me more."

Letting go of her hands, Jisoo smile,

"You will never see me again, that's what you want, right? I hope, you will always be happy. Don't forget to eat dinner. Take care."

Jisoo patted her head slowly, turning her body, and walk away, leaving Jennie dumbfounded at the spot.