Time

"Soo, looks like we need to stay again. Just sleep in the room; I think it would be better than coming back to your house."

"Aniy, it's okay; I want to sleep at home,"

"Hm, are you for real? It looks like we will take a whole night to go through all of these; your Jennie will understand, it's okay, Soo."

"No, I know. We will end this before 3, and I will go back to her."

"Haish, okay, okay." Seulgi surrendered, knowing that she would not win the argument if it related to Jennie.

////

The clock shows 1 a.m, indicating 3 hours since Jennie waited for her girlfriend. They have been dated for four years, but they have known each other for a good eleven years.

It was a clichè romantic story where they are best friends who have fallen in love but are afraid to admit it until Jennie tries to move on by dating someone else. Still, Jisoo couldn't help the thought of her being held by someone else; she rummaged the date and pulled Jennie from the place, and admitted the truth.

Jennie looks at the clock again and back to the door; her eyes are brimming with tears; she walks over to the table and takes the food to the refrigerator. She was promoted to be the new global ambassador for her favorite brand today, and she wanted to celebrate with her girlfriend and surprise her, but unfortunately, she's the one who gets surprised.

Attorney Kim Jisoo, her girlfriend, is the one that never fails to win any cases in these three years after she graduated law school. Not going to say that despite her brain and intelligence, Jisoo is the talk of the town because of her beauty and the way she treats everyone with her kindness, never failing to make people adore her. She worked under the firm owned by her cousin, Kang Seulgi. Her popularity is equal to the celebrity not just because of the mentioned reason but also because of the hot model that always sticks with her.

Jennie went to the living room, grabbing the remote, to watch any series that could cover the pain in her heart. She knew that her girlfriend was so busy since she won the case (again) that included the famous idol and a girl that he had abused. When Jisoo won the case, her name became more prominent, and people kept coming to the firm to make her fight for them.

When Jisoo has free time, Jennie will be busy with her schedule, and it keeps repeating otherwise. They barely spent time together, making Jennie think that Jisoo felt out of love. Jennie is afraid that Jisoo might fall in love with any of her clients, which are overall were some sexy, hot businesswomen.
Thinking the sight of Jisoo with someone else makes her cry, and she falls asleep with tears on her face.

////

Jisoo opened the door slowly, not wanting her girlfriend to be awake because of her. When she closed the door, she smelled the aroma of her favorite kimchi fried rice. She steps straight into the kitchen, just to be greeted with the view of her girlfriend's back with her hair tied in a bun; Jisoo, not wasting her time, slid her arm around the latter waist pampering soft kisses on her girlfriend exposed shoulder.

"Baby, it's 3 o'clock; what are you doing here?"

Jennie was awake when the clock turned 2.30 a.m; she couldn't sleep and decided to wait for Jisoo again.

Jennie turned her body around to face Jisoo and immediately snuggled into the crook of the latter's neck. Jisoo felt her neck was wet, pulling away; she brought her hands to the younger's cheeks.

"Baby, what happens? Do you hurt yourself?"
Jisoo asked, no need to mention how worried she was, getting home at three a.m. and greeted with this condition of her girlfriend, Jisoo surely will take a day off.