Part 22

Beep

Beep... beep...beep

I'm sat in a chair by the bed listening to the repetitive sound of her heart monitor going off.

It's somewhat calming to me, to know that her heart is still beating after all she's been through the past few hours.

Before coming back I tried to lay in our bed and rest my mind but it wasn't working, I tossed and turned all for about an hour before deciding to return back to the hospital.

I can't sleep in our bed without her presence on the side of me. The feeling of her body rolling over to my side so she can drape an arm or leg across me

Flashback

"Ron, go back to your side" I mumbled slightly pushing her sleeping limbs of top of mine

"But you're warm" she groaned, rolling back over to her side of the bed.

Now it feels empty over here. I roll over to her side and lay my head on her chest and snuggle myself into her breast.

She tiredly runs her hands through my hair and I'm back into my deep slumber

Flashback over

I lightly lay my head on the bed making sure not to touch any of the equipment or her injured body.

I cautiously lift her wrapped hand in mine just needing the slight touch from her before going into a dreamless sleep

***

I'm woken up to sound of light pattering feet against the cold marble floor of the hospital, and the whispers of someone saying to be quiet

I lift my head, and through hazy eyes I see Alfonso and his five-year-old daughter lily entering the room with a teddy bear and a white plastic bag.

I rub the sleep out my eyes and stand from my slouched position doing a much-needed stretch, then going into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I return in the room, I see lily standing on the side of Myron's bed whispering something to her.

Alfonso finally brought lily over after days of Ron begging him to and they created this mother daughter kind of relationship immediately.

Flashback

Alfonso and lily stepped into the kitchen where Myron stood over the stove making breakfast for all the house mates.

"Good morning, Myron. I brought someone here for you to meet" Alfonso greeted picking a shy lily up in his arms.

She turned around with the biggest smile on her face holding a large plate of pancakes.

"Good morning, Alfonso. And good morning pretty girl you must be lily, I've heard so much about you"

She set the plate down and wiped her hands on a nearby kitchen towel

Lily smiled at the polite woman and boldly spoke to the stranger

"Good morning, my daddy says your uncle zios girlfriend. Your pretty" the young girl giggled wiggling her way out of her father's arms and running over to where she stood.

"Well that I am, though your uncle can be...hmm how do I say this" she tapped her chin in thought

"An idiot" lily jumped in helping Myron with the word she was looking for.

"Exactly" she laughed turning back to her task.

"So, both of you are just going to talk about me like I'm not sitting right here" Ron shrugged and lily giggled following Myron wherever she walked in the kitchen.

"You wanna help me decorate pancakes" Myron asked the little girl behind her while plating the breakfast she made.

Lily nodded eagerly before stand on the step stool Myron placed on the side of the counter for her.

Flashback over

I gazed in the direction of lily whispering things to Ron and giggling.

I heard that when everyone was alerted about what happened to Myron, lily had a little meltdown and ended up arguing her dad into bringing her to the hospital. Although I don't think she knows what state Myron's in, just that she's hurt.

"She's gonna be alright, our queen is a fighter" the voice of Alfonso beside me brought me out of my daze.

I nodded my head, wanting to believe that she'll pull through this and be perfectly fine. But I can't because my mind won't think of anything but a logical outcome that something will go wrong.

I sighed and walked back over to the chair I was previously sitting in.

"We brought you breakfast from the cafe down the street" he handed me the white plastic bag and lifted lily into his arms.

"I appreciate it, but I'm not hungry" I said sitting the bag to the side

He gave me a sad look before nodding his head and walking out the room.

I look back over at Myron's sleeping form, watching the slight movement of her chest rising and falling with each breath.

"Please come back to me Babygirl, I'm going to make my cousin pay for what he's done to you. Just don't give up on me" I whisper as I bring her knuckles to my lips and give them a light kiss.

I ended up eating a little of the breakfast while I sat with Myron for the rest of the morning.

At around one, I reluctantly left the hospital to prepare for the war that was bound to happen tonight.

***
Hey... how y'all doin? I really have not been in the mood to write but imma try and fastly finish this for y'all.

Anyways, what's y'all favorite holiday if you celebrate them? Mine is Halloween because I love spooky szn.

But y'all have a good morning and a good night for people like me because I'm gonna go to sleep right now. -ghettogoddess