Part 24

3 months later

3 months later

I walk along the quiet hospital hall heading into the room I've been well aquatinted too for the past few months.

I push the door open hoping to see her sitting up in the bed waiting for me, but I'm greeted with the usual of her laying there.

I set the flowers I bought on the side table and pull the chair to its usual spot on the side of her bed.

They finally took her off the breathing tube about two months ago, but she still has yet to gain consciousness.

Once I'm seated, I grab her hand and kiss the ring I placed there once I was able to move her without hurting her.

It's not an engagement ring yet, just a promise ring.

Flashback

I walk into the brightly lit room with a smile on my face.

I just got the call that she has gained some movement so that means she can wake at any time now.

They also told me that she can hear my voice and she respond more when I'm here with her so I was told to keep interacting with her.

Like I was gonna stop.

I sit in the chair on the side of her bed and grab her hand I kiss the back of it and interlock our fingers.

She did gain back her brown glowing color and her warmth is back.

"Hey principessa, they told me you can hear me" (princess)

"I miss you baby, you have wake up for me please formidabile, I need you" (gorgeous)

I wipe my eyes as they started to tear up a little bit while I was talking to her.

"I got something for you amore mia" (my love)

I reach into my pants pocket and pull out the black velvet box.

I take the diamond and pearl incorporated ring and slide it onto her ring finger.

"It's not an engagement ring yet, I want you to be conscious when I give you that one"

"This is merely a promise that I'll forever be yours and you'll forever be mine no matter what, and when you wake, you'll be my wife as soon as you say yes my love" I kiss the ring that lays upon her finger and admire how it looks.