Chap 7

Next day he goes for the part time jobs which replied to him, for an interview. He got a job in the Cafe with his practical skills of coffee making and baking the owner told him his job timing will be set according to his uni schedule when he gets one.

At the apartment, JC doesn't sleep much and when he gets nightmares he clamps his mouth shut with his hands to muffle the voice but it's still not enough.

he thinks about investing in sound proofing his room as he knows he'll have to stay at the dorm or shared apartments for the next 5 years or so as he doesn't have enough money to rent A whole place for himself. But right now he can't do it permanently because this room is a temporary setting for him. So he just tries to mask the sound as much as he can by covering the door and window to lessen the sound. Also double checks, his room is locked, before sleeping.

On his first day to college, he wears an oversized pastel lavender hoodie with white jeans as soon as he enters his eyes and meets another guy's eyes. He was wearing a light blue button down shirt with white pants and looking ethereal.

Ywy shook the thoughts away from his head and moved forward. He heard someone talking about the admin office and went in the direction mentioned and soon he realized he was being followed.

His heart started pounding in his chest. He wants to run away but his rational mind knows he's on campus and they are not following him. But he can't do anything about his fear and when he feels panic starts to set in he sits on the nearby bench and takes his water bottle out.

Then he saw that guy in blue coming towards him and asked
"hey are you alright?" he couldn't answer right away but nodded.
?? : "Are you fresher?" another nod.
?? : "Where were you going?"
Ywy: "Admin"
??: oh. We can lead you to the admin office.
Ywy: *controlling himself and snapping* What's your problem? Go away.
??: Oh sorry. I was just trying to help.
Ywy: I don't want your help.
??: ah! We were going to the admin office.
Ywy: oh. So-sorry. *feeling ashamed for snapping*
??: it's ok. So, you wanna come with us?
Ywy: uhm- a-s-sure.
??: oh BTW I'm Lan huan. Courtesy name xichen.
Ywy: Yu wanyin.
Lxc: and courtesy name?
Ywy: *stoney glare* It's my only name.

They start walking towards the admin office but lxc notices how Ywy keeps a few steps away from them and if they are slightly behind him he looks ready to bolt and his hands shake slightly.

Lxc thought the boy was really gorgeous and prettiest he had ever seen. He even has a lovely name, but he was intrigued by his peculiar behavior but he didn't question him any further as he thought the boy didn't want to tell him anything about himself.

At the admin office he kept his ear on the conversation going on between the admin officer and the kid.
Ywy: hello sir! I'm Yu wanyin. New law admission. I got an email telling me to come to the admin office before my classes.
AO: Ah! You must be our fulbright scholarship student then.
Ywy: ah yes. But I don't understand, I was not upto the HS marks criteria for fulbright so I only applied for partial scholarship, so how?
AO: hmm I remember there are only 5 fulbright scholarships this year. You didn't meet the criteria for HS marks but you were not that far off. There was only a 2% mark difference. Also you topped the department test with 100% marks and that was pure genius as no one ever got 100% marks in that test. Also this scholarship is partially need based. That's why the committee decided to give you the Fulbright instead of partial.
Ywy: ah. On sir.
AO: right. So here's your student card and your receipt of scholarship and paid fee. You will get Accident & Sickness Health Benefits, books allowances.
Ywy: ok. But will I get a dorm room?
AO: yes of course. I forgot to mention.
Ywy: thank you sir.
AO: welcome. Here's your schedule and here's the uni map after your classes go the building C at the east end. The warden will show you your rooms. And if you have any issues with the room then you can talk to the warden.
Ywy: ok sir.
AO: Now go, your class will start in 10. And you still have to find the building.
Ywy: ok.

Then he walks away. Lxc also does what he was here for and goes to his class. But he kept thinking about Ywy and his behavior. Lxc was student body president and frequents admin, student affairs and student council offices. Also he was the president of the music club and football captain.