■ The Storm ■

• ■ ● - ● - ● - ● - ● ■ •

It was a cloudy day which is perfect for a nap but King called you and Luz here for some reason.

You yawn, performing some coin tricks while Luz holds up her phone to record King who was struggling with something.

"And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the king of demons..." She narrates. King grunts as he tries to get something off his snout. His eyes twitching a bit in anger and frustration. "Facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock."

Her screen panned out to reveal a duck patterned sock was stuck on the small demon's boney snout.

With a grunt, he finally managed to tear it into pieces by using his hind legs to claw at it.

"WHERE ARE YOU NOW, DUCKY SOCK?!" He exclaims, stomping on the remains of the ducky sock.

You looked up with a tired expression and sighed deeply.

"Terrifying... But why did you call us here again?" You asked, tucking the coin away.

King's eyes widened and he finally remembered why he called the two teens into the living room.

"Oh, yeah." He said. The small demon grunts as he climbs up a dresser. Once he reached the top of it, he turned and pointed a claw at the two teens.

"Human Luz and Human [Y/n], you both been so obsessed with witchcraft that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for... " He then took down a curtain to reveal a blackboard filled with pictures and illustrations of various demons. Each one differing either in size, shape, and form.

"Demons 101!" He said as he put on a cap and begun his lesson. "Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone!"

"And cute little paws." Luz cheekily said. You on the other hand, looked unamused at her response.

"Luz. Last week, a doorbell almost swallowed you whole and I had to punch it just so you can escape with all of your fingers intact." You deadpan before raising an eyebrow. "Do I need to mention the overgrown octopus?"

Luz nervously chuckles at your stern expression. King lets out a sigh before continuing on.

"We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive‐aggressive comments. Sometimes." The small demon mutters the last part out as he stands next to a picture of a demon being mocked by two witches.

"Oh, you guys are sensitive." Luz coos while you grin, amused by this information.

"Even demons have inner demons." King says before tossing the picture aside to reveal an illustration of a large demon. With long claws on each hand and a turtle shell on it's back with sharp spikes all over it, the demon makes for an intimidating creature to see for any resident living in the Boiling Isles.

"The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback. He's a‐‐"

"Bad boy!" Luz exclaims and takes a picture of the Snaggleback. She then puts stickers and text all over it.

"Luz, pay attention!" King scolded the brunette, who was busy using her phone. "This information could save your life someday."

"Yeah, Lulu." You said, gently bumping your shoulder against hers. "At least let King finish his lesson."

"No, no. I am so paying attention." Luz said, shaking her head. "This is my paying attention face."

She tries to put a serious expression and places her hand under her chin while humming.