■ The Runaway ■

Note: Please use dark mode on this one. You won't regret it.

• ■ ● - ● - ● - ● - ● ■ •

It was a nice, sunny day at the Boiling Isles. Small kids are joyfully playing in the playground. It was a peaceful sight. Well, it would be if Luz wasn't panicking too much over anything.

"What if he gets hurt? What if the kids are mean to him? My parental instincts are freaking out, [Y/n]!" Luz said, shaking your shoulders once again. You grunt, quickly grabbing her hands and placing them away from you at arm's length.

"Luz. Can your parental instincts calm the hell down for a sec?" You said, lightheaded from her shaking. You squint your eyes at her, 'What's up with her and my shoulders?'

"He's fine," Eda said with a carefree smile and gently pokes Luz's forehead. "Look at him."

Luz turns to look at King for a few minutes who was trying to climb up the slide with little success.

"...It does look like he's having fun," She admits, watching King fall down the slide a couple of times. Once you notice her calming down, you finally let go of her hands and sigh in relief. Though you stiffen up in surprise when Luz leans her head on your shoulder.

Eda slightly snickers, noticing your wide-eyed fish expression and stiff posture. You glare at her as she continues to snicker. Oblivious to all of this, Luz smiles, still looking at King, and coos, "Aw. I wonder what cute little game he's playing."

"...Probably something stupid." You blankly said, reluctantly accepting your fate.

"Stand back, cretins," King said, glaring at the small kids around him who were watching him climb up the slide with curious eyes. Grunting, he finally reaches the top of the slide and cheers. "Yes! Yes! This is a throne worthy of a tyrant. Bow to me, you snotty underlings. BOW!"

The kids look at each other before smiling adorably. "Okay!"

Following his commands, a kid does a handstand while the other does a backbend, both with matching dorky looks on their faces.

"Yes, appease your master," King said, rubbing his paws together. Another kid comes up from behind him.

"This isn't for standing, it's for sliding. You try." The kid said before shoving him down the slide.

King falls to the ground with a thud and he immediately runs over to the bench, screaming. "Eda! That monster took my throne."

"[Y/n], beat him up!" King said, tugging on the legs of your pants. With a deadpan expression, you slowly lift your leg. But King still clings onto it, now looking like a baby koala clinging onto a tree branch.

"You mean the baby?" Eda questions with a smirk.

"No, the usurper! I want you to go over there and blow him up. Kaboom!" King says. He jumps down from your leg and waves his paws up to show an explosion.

"Kaboom!" The kid parrots while riding a spring rider which makes you snort in response.

Unimpressed, Eda unscrews Owlbert from the staff which brings him back to life.  "Yeah, I'm not using Owlbert to blow up a five‐year‐old. Also [Y/n]'s not going to fight a toddler..."