■ Midnight Joyride ■

■ ● ● ● ■ ● ● ● ■

Inside the living room, Eda and Owlbert were playing some sort of card game. It seemed to get intense as they glared at each other.

"Watch closely, you two." Eda says to the two teens beside her. "Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

She then draws out a card.

"Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles that old people think are fun!" Luz excitedly said. You looked over the cards in curiosity.

Eda puts the card down on the table. Lightning comes from the cards, sending the small owl flying for cover behind the side of the table.

All of the cards stand up and roar. Owlbert's cards surge forward and viciously attacks the cards on Eda's side. He smirks, feeling victorious.

"Go figure. Even a card game isn't normal around here.." You mutter. The cards continue to snarl at each other.

"Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard!"

Eda then holds up a card with a tower on it. It glows green, and Owlbert's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letters appeared in the air.

WINNER: EDA

Owlbert hops back on the table as the words disappear and hoots at Eda. He begrudgingly bows down to her with his wings extended.

"Woo, I win!" Eda pumps up her fists in the air then points at Owlbert. "In your adorable owl face."

Eda smirks and stands up victoriously, placing her hands at her hips. "Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels... fluffy?" She says, quirking her eyebrow a bit in confusion.

"Uh... Eda." You say, slowly backing away from her.

"It's happening again!" Luz points at Eda's arms.

"What's happening again?" Eda asks, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Your curse is returning!" King exclaims, hiding underneath your jacket. Eda looks down and yelps, seeing feathers are growing on her arms.

■ ● ● ● ■

You and Luz followed after Eda as she went up to her room. King was sitting on top of your shoulders as Eda opened her box of elixirs.

"Oh boy..." Eda mutters.

All of the bottles are empty.

"This is terrible. I'm out of elixir." She takes one out and shakes it.

"Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing." Luz says. She shows her a picture of her cursed form.

"I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce." Eda said, fixing her hair.

"Eda!"

She groans. 

"You're right, you're right. We need to head to the market." Eda says, slamming her fist into her palm.

"Market!" Luz cheers, pumping her fists up in the air.

"I'm stealing everything that's not nailed down!" King also cheers, climbing up to your head.

"I'll probably help you with that." You say,  putting him back on your shoulders before walking away from Eda.

"Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" Eda asks. She pats her pockets only to find them missing.