ELEVEN - You're lucky...

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEE-

The alarm was cut off by Amelia slamming the off button. She had to try multiple times, most of them hitting the desk. As soon as the beeping stopped, she lifted her head from Thomas' chest and used her elbows to lift herself off of him. She was about to get up when Thomas' grip around her waist tightened. He pulled her down and moved them so that they were on their sides.

"Tom," she said looking up at him but his eyes were closed. He was trying to go back to sleep but Amelia had other plans. "Don't you wanna see Minho?"

"Mmm," he hummed and not showing any sign of getting up. 

"Come on Tom," she repeated. When it didn't do anything she pulled herself up slightly. Her hands clutched at his shirt, waiting for him to move. When he didn't, she moved her head up and pressed her lips to his. He immediately reacted and kissed back but she pulled away after a few seconds, teasing him. "We need to get up."

She got up off the bed easily that time and headed towards the closet. After seeing Thomas turn sit up and stretch while facing the opposite wall, she quickly got dresses and kissed his cheek before heading to the bathroom to finish getting ready. 

Nearly done, Thomas came in and brushed his teeth.

"You ready?" He asked as he did his hair. Amelia quickly finished washing her hands before turning to face him. She agreed with his choice of clothes. It was different from the Maze, Scorch, and Safe Haven, but they were comfortable while blending in.

 It was different from the Maze, Scorch, and Safe Haven, but they were comfortable while blending in

It was also a bonus that it covered up any muscles and scars that they had gained. While Thomas purposely did that, Amelia did not. She didn't care who saw it. She wished Thomas was the same but she didn't push him to be.

"Not yet," she replied. "I need food if I'm gonna last a day in that place."

Thomas chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist. They stayed there for a moment, watching their reflections and enjoying the peaceful moment before they headed down. A note that was left told them that Melissa had left them breakfast and Noah had already left for work.

"Are you excited?" Amelia asked as she ate.

Thomas shrugged. He avoided her eyes and continued eating. She knew he was avoiding something but she let it drop. They finished, did their dishes, and were about to head out when Thomas stopped her.

"Do you want to know how to drive?" Thomas asked suddenly. Amelia froze on the spot. 

"I-I don't know-" she began, not sure what to do. She ran a hand through her ponytail, a nervous habit she picked up, as she looked down. She'd learned how to drive at the safe haven but it was different now. "I don't know the laws and all that. I couldn't do that. Plus the jeep was your mo-"

"It's ours," Thomas interrupted, cupping her face to get her to meet his eyes. "We've been through so much and you have been by my side through all of it. Now, I want to be by yours. Everything that's mine is yours. That's how it was in the safe haven and it still is now. I couldn't do anything without you and I want you to know that."