TWELVE - We have to try

"Wait..." Theo began, shaking his head and held his hands out. "You escaped a maze, were taken by WCKD and tricked by them, ran from zombies to mountains, were shot by WCKD while most of you escape only to break back in and finally escape from WCKD, just to be taken out of a safe haven to be thrown into school?"

"Yup," the Gladers popped their 'p's.

"Wow..." pack junior were in awe.

"And that was a summary of the run down version of what happened," Minho butted in, grinning as their eyebrows nearly disappeared into their hair.

"Anyways," Amelia said, clapping her hands and grabbing her bag as she stood. "We have gym with Coach now. Let's go."

They walked to their respected areas and Amelia headed to the girl's locker room with Kira. The kitsune had to go to a different class so they split ways there.

Amelia walked in and went to the locker that was labeled at the top of her schedule. She placed her bag in her locker but didn't change.

She, Thomas, and Minho were going to speak with Coach and introduce Minho to him.

She walked out, noticing Malia in the locker room along with Lydia. The two were speaking quietly but she ignored them.

She headed out to the field and watched as boys began walking out to the field.

Coach peaked out and told her to wait in his office as he went and told the others to do what ever they wanted. It was near the end of a quarter and gym would be replaced with economics the next week.

"Hey guys," Amelia greeted as she took a seat next to Thomas while Minho was setting up a hammock he found from who knows where. "Where'd you get that?"

Minho looked at her for a second before smirking and looking back to his 'work'.

"Somewhere," he said simply before getting into it and swinging with his foot over the side.

"Have you heard from Aris?" Amelia asked, leaning back as Thomas reached over and intertwined their hands.

"We actually created a mind link," Minho said proudly.

"Really?" Thomas asked. "I thought mazes couldn't overlap and communicate with one another."

"Wow," Amelia breathed out. "How?"

"You ain't the only special shank anymore," Minho teased Thomas as he closed his eyes. He had his arms folded behind his head and Amelia smiled at him. He opened his eyes and smiled back at her before answering her question. "We actually talk almost every night. Harriet and Sonya have moved on from the maze and Vincent from the Scorch. They're happy but he wants to come here."

"Bring him over already shank," Thomas said, excited for his friend. "Do you know anything about Brenda and Jorge?"

"No, sorry Thomas."

Thomas chuckled, "We aren't running anymore, it's not a problem Min Min."

"Plus," Amelia butted in. "We have an idea on how to reach them."

"How?" Minho asked, turning in the hammock.

"There happens to be a certain hacker that attends this school that can help us."

"Danny?" Thomas asked.

"Yup, you said he's helped you before so why not now?"

"That could work."

- -

Coach came in soon and they just passed fun stories of each other. Amelia didn't have much to share but she did comment with Minho about random things.

They were laughing together and class soon came to an end.

Lacrosse practice began and Amelia headed to bleachers to watch. Thomas came out in a long sleeved tight shirt that showed his muscle but he wore a jersey that covered his six pack.

She smiled to herself when she saw Minho walk out in a similar outfit. 

She watched as Coach gave out things to do and watched as Minho quickly fit in. He became quite popular among the students by his looks and sarcastic and witty remarks.

She watched as most of the guys walked into the boys' locker room while Minho and Thomas pulled Danny aside. Most of the guys went home while the three headed into the locker room. 

She waited and when no more guys walked out, she headed in.

"Hey boys," she said as she walked in. She saw Danny and Minho talking and headed to them first. "Congrats Min Min with Lacrosse."

"Thanks Mia," Minho said as he hugged the girl.

"Ew," she said, scrunching her face as she pushed him off. "Sweaty shank hugs are not appreciated."

Danny chuckled as he watched the exchange while Minho began acting offended.

"Go with loverboy. You're presence isn't wanted here anymore," Minho said as he pointed to where Thomas would be.

Amelia feigned being hurt and walked away as laughter erupted behind her. She found Thomas just as he put his shirt down and reached for another. 

She walked to him and traced one of the scars on his shoulder blade. He stiffened for a moment but turned around and faced her.

She kept her eyes down and began tracing another scar.

"Newt," he said softly, his head low. Amelia hummed her breath hitched as he stepped closer.

"Tom?" she asked, looking up but he he didn't answer for a little but, he cupped her face before pressing a kiss to her lips. Her hands moved up and rested at his sides as he kissed her again.

"Thank you," he said as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"You don't need to thank me for anything," she said, her hands moving up and her left went to the back of his neck while her other went into his hair.

She rubbed head for a little before pressing a kiss to the side of his head.

"Now," she spoke, leaning back. "As much as I like the view, you need to get changed."

She laughed as Thomas' cheeks took on a pink tint. She pressed a kiss to his cheek before heading to get her bag.

After getting it, she headed to the boys and they began running home to the Stilinski household. Danny was gonna get his laptop and meet them there.

"You sure he can do it? Brenda and Jorge know how to hide," Minho said.

Thomas placed his bag on the floor before turning to his friends with a determined glint in his eye, "We have to try."

"