Chapter Seventy-Nine

RILEY

"Do you think this is a good color on me?"

I turn, a dress dangling from my hand as well, "What colors do you not look good in?"

Amanda tilts her head, "Good point."

I snort, checking the tag for my dress, "I think I'll get this. It's a cute date night dress."

She hums behind me, "Is Harry taking you out anywhere special."

Smiling to myself, I reply, "No, but he likes to surprise me."

Over the last few weeks, Harry and I had been out countless times, most of them unplanned. The spontaneity was something I didn't think I would like, but quickly learned to love. It got me out of my head when I was falling back into old work routines. And Harry knew exactly when I needed that most.

"You still meeting him tonight?" Amanda asks.

"Yeah, him and Andre are doing their soccer camp thing, and I'm meeting up with them at the bar later. You sure you don't want to come?"

"I've actually got a date."

I turn to face her fully, smiling widely, "With the designer girl?"

Amanda rolls her eyes at my obvious excitement, "Yes, who else?"

"This is a big deal! What are you wearing? Where are you guys going?" I fire off questions, "Do you have a picture? I have yet to see what this girl looks like."

"If I show you her picture, will you shut up?" She drawls.

"No, but you're gonna show me anyways."

Grumbling to herself, she takes out her phone. "It's still really new, so don't go getting your hopes up."

I keep my mouth shut as she roots through her pictures. Amanda very rarely dated. She talked, of course, but it never went past that. After her and Shari broke up our senior year of college, it took her a long time to find someone. When she did, it only lasted a year, her girlfriend moving for a job, Amanda not wanting to follow her.

Holding out her phone, I leaned forward to get a good look. The girl was very pretty. Jet black hair landing straight to her shoulders, high cheekbones, and a killer smile. She was leaning back confidently on a sofa - Amanda's sofa. That was also a big deal. Amanda rarely brought people to her house. This was more serious than she was leading on.

"Her name's Chloe Chen."

"And she owns that boutique a couple blocks from here? On Alder Street?"

Amanda purses her lips, "We are not going over there."

I pout my lips, "Please, I would love to meet her."

"I'm not going to surprise attack her with you."

"I'll be on my best behavior." I promise.

"Nope."

Groaning in defeat, I despair, "You're killing me."

"If tonight goes well, maybe I'll consider it."

"If tonight goes well?" I question curiously.

Amanda clears her throat, refusing to look at me, "Well, I think it's about time we talk about being exclusive-"

I grin widely, cutting her off, "Are you asking her to be your girlfriend?"

Rolling her eyes, she starts walking off to the register, "We're not in high school anymore."