Chapter Nineteen

RILEY

I did look fucking hot in this dress.

One thing was for sure: Harry would regret not seeing me like this. Amanda hadn't just altered the straps to help with my little cleavage issue. She also added a thigh high slit showing off my spray tanned legs. I definitely wasn't expecting it, but I think she did it purely to throw it in Harry's face.

Needless to say, she was not happy about him not coming, and it took me a solid thirty minutes to convince her not to say anything to him. She had also gone all out on the spa visit. It had taken most of our morning and all of the afternoon, massages, mani/pedis, spray tans, and a full on waxing - which was not fun. I didn't even want to think about how much it cost, but her family knew a lot of people, so she could've even booked it for free.

My dark hair was curled, shiny and long, over one shoulder, a silver choker necklace gracing my neck. I had opted for a softer look for my makeup, not wanting to look too done up. Especially since I wasn't trying to impress anyone that would actually see me. In reality, I didn't want to have a ton of eye makeup to take off at night after Harry and I were done. With everything I read, I knew that you could get really tired after an orgasm, and I had a feeling that Harry would make this first memorable.

"Ugh, you look so good, Riley." Casey says, "You're making me look bad."

I laugh, "Shut up, we all know Taylor's going to be begging for forgiveness all night long."

"What did he do this time?" Naomi asks, making a weird face as she tries to put on her fake lashes.

"He's just a dick." Casey mutters.

"Is there a reason why you don't actually break up with him?" Amanda asks, bored as we all finish getting ready. She was reading a magazine, ready for the last thirty minutes.

Casey shrugs, "I do love the boy, but we both know it won't last. We'll probably have this last summer together and go our separate ways before college. He's good for the right now, not the future."

"You two have the most interesting relationship." I tell her.

"Besides you and Harry." She says, "We've placed bets on if he'll actually show up tonight."

"Harry and I aren't in a relationship, and he isn't showing up. He doesn't do dances." I respond casually, trying to come off as normal as possible.

"I think he's gonna surprise you tonight." Casey smugly suggests.

"And why would you think that?" I ask her, sitting on the edge of her bed to fasten my heels on.

She smirks, "Taylor told me that he overheard Jeff and Harry talking about the dance and you."

My heart skipped a beat and my hopes skyrocketed, "Really?"

"Yep, so I'm convinced he's coming. And, also, stop saying you guys aren't in a relationship." She tells me pointedly, "We're not stupid, you know."

"We aren't-"

"You two might not be dating or boyfriend and girlfriend," Amanda interrupts, "but you are in a relationship."

"We're friends." I press, really just trying not to get my hopes up.

"God, you're stubborn." Mel muttered, "I wish my friendships had the benefits yours did."

I didn't answer this, knowing she would really like what benefits I had. I was in a weird mood. This was our last homecoming dance, only the winter formal and prom left, and I should be excited, but I was so focused on whether or not Harry would show up now that I wasn't having fun.