Chapter Twenty-Six

HARRY

The silence in the room was deafening.

I inhaled sharply the moment the secret left my lips, my dad pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head, and my mom staring intently at me. Her hand was still frozen in the air, clutching the glass of water she had just filled.

Seconds felt like hours as the tension thickened between us. My eyes darted back and forth, trying to catch even a hint of... anything at this point. After what seemed like forever, my mom glanced at my father coldly.

"Harry-"

"I'm sorry." I say quickly, stepping away from the counter I had made my home for the past few hours. Slowly, I felt all my bravery slip away, staring at my two parents like I was a child again and I had just broke that Tiffany lamp my mom loved.

Her eyes softened, "Harry, don't apologize." She looked over at my dad who met her gaze. A silent conversation passed through them. I furrowed my brows, expecting there to be a lot more yelling involved. "Why don't we all get some sleep tonight-"

"What?" I asked bewildered.

She looked at me sternly, "Do not mention this to the twins."

I stared back at her stunned, "Why are you so calm?"

"Harry-" My dad starts.

"You don't get to talk right now!" I burst out, glaring at him.

Both my parents looked at me with wide eyes. My mom finally puts her glass of water down, and says carefully, "Harry, now's not the time. Why don't-"

"What do you mean now's not the time?" I asked her, "Why aren't you freaking out about this, mom? He's cheating on you! Dad is cheating on you with some lady he met years ago, and this isn't the first time-"

"That's enough!" My mom yells at me, "Go up to bed. We will find time to talk about this at a more convienent-"

"Did you know?" I interrupted her, feeling the anger rising up in me.

"Your father and I-"

"Fucking hell, I can't do this anymore." I mutter to myself, hands rubbing at my face.

This is too much. I storm out of the kitchen, and up the stairs. I repack my bag, making sure I had enough for a while and am back downstairs within five minutes. Ignoring my parents, still in the kitchen whispering frantically, I trudge over to the entryway. I shove my feet into my shoes, and roll my eyes when I hear footsteps behind me, followed by my dad's voice, "Where do you think you're going?"

I don't bother looking at them, "I'm not staying here."

"Yes, you are." Dad responds firmly.

I give him a withering look, "You don't have a say. Honestly, you shouldn't even have a say in this fucking family."

"Harry, you are not leaving tonight." My mom sighs, folding her arms.

"Why do you care?"

"What?" She asks.

"Why do you care? I've been gone for over a week, and you haven't even noticed. You guys never fucking notice. I'm gone and you don't notice. I'm here and you don't notice. Why did you even have me, if you don't want me?" I fire back, wanting to get out years and years of frustration that's built inside me.

My mom frowns, "What, honey, where is this coming from?"

"I'm over this." I shake my head. This talk will go nowhere. Not tonight. "Why don't you pencil me in to your busy schedule and send me a calendar appointment." I say sarcastically, "Whenever it's convenient for you."