Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I spent each night in the resto bar hoping to see her again. I've been coward before but I cannot afford to lose another chance of talking to her.

Sabrina deserves an explanation. In many reasons, she deserve to know that I can finally remember her now.

Alam kong malabo na magkaroon pa sya ng pakiaalam sa akin at sa mga alaala ko, pero umaasa ako na kahit papaano, malinaw ko sa kanya na totoong minahal ko sya, nawala lang talaga ako.

There's no fucking day that I didn't think about her.

And it always kill me inside going home without even taking a glimpse of her.

Sunday afternoon, after I just got out from the site, I went in the near coffee shop I found. Two years ago, my Papa who owned the coffee shop where Sab and I met let me handle that branch. It feels nostalgic before even though I cannot dig in the deeper reason why. But now, I knew that it was because it is where I found her.

Sa mga nakalipas na buwan, ngayon lang ulit ako papasok ng coffee shop. This is a book cafe type reminding me of Sab and her love for reading books... And writing novels.

Noong nakaorder at nakahanap ng magandang pwesto, dumeretso ako sa book shelves para maghanap ng libro.

I smiled in myself when I found the corner where Colleen Hoover books are being displayed. I suddenly remember Sab obsessing over this. Kumuha ako ng isa at pinagmasdan iyon.

I remember the nights I spent in her apartment listening as she tell me how the story goes. I remember not really paying attention to the story but to her eyes as if reflects the different emotions that are being seen there.

And then I sighed and I felt my heart clenched.

I didn't know that remembering her will be this painful.

Bumalik ako sa table ko para sana gawin na lang ang ibang paperworks pero hindi pa man ako tuluyang nakakarating, natigilan na ako sa nakita ko.

Standing in front of my table... there she is, holding a book in her right hand and a tray of her order in the other. She stares at my things like its the most confusing thing on Earth.

And maybe it is... because my laptop wallpaper was her.

Umawang ang labi ko at naugat ako sa kinatatayuan ko. Alam kong matagal ko syang hinintay, at ngayong nandito na sya sa harapan ko, natatameme ako.

I want to run and hug her... but I can't move.

I want to go and call her... but I can't speak.

My heart pounded in my chest as if it just got reborn. And when she lifted her eyes on me, it felt like it's going to explode.

Parang tumigil ang oras. Kita ko kung gaano sya natigilan at kung paanong umawang ang labi nya.

I pursed my lips into thin line and clenched my jaw. She almost fell when she stepped backwards.

Napamura ako sa isip ko.

Without thinking about anything, naglakad ako papalapit sa kanya at kita ko ang unti unting paglaki ng mga mata nya.

"Hi." I said.