𝟎𝟑 | 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭.

━━━━ 𝟖𝟓𝟎

━━━━ 𝟖𝟓𝟎

The two years you've spent in the Cadet Corps came and went faster than you expected, and each of them only made you stronger physically and maybe mentally for the long run. Figuratively and literally.

You were older now, and more collected because of that. You and Annie were at the momentous age of sixteen, while your counterparts, Reiner and Bertholdt, took up the big age of seventeen.

After some training in the woods with the ODM gear, you all finally touched on hand to hand combat. It was highly possible you were having more fun than anyone else. You found yourself pinning down and flipping your opponents over with ease.

After you pinned Jean down maybe three times.. okay, more than three times, it was Reiner and Eren who walked up to you two proposing a challenge.

"The commandant not working you hard enough?" Reiner chuckled lightly, but what you didn't catch was the slight darkening of his golden irises as he stared down at you and Jean.

You were casually straddling Jean's hips, holding his arms in place as you pinned them to his chest. You were starting to get bored of winning every round so you opted to take a mini break. Jean, on the other hand, didn't know wether to be scared or flustered at you sitting on him.

"You could say that, yeah." You shrugged, giving Reiner a 'what-are-you-up-to?' look as you released your grip on Jean's wrists who sighed in relief.

"Or maybe you're just not pushing yourself hard enough." Reiner challenged, a sharp edge to his voice, "I suggest you think back to why you enlisted in the first place, (Y/n)."

He was testing you. What may have sounded like a playful tease to the other two boys, was a completely different message for you.

"And what do you mean by that, Reiner?" You dusted yourself off as you stood up, never breaking eye contact. He knew you'd take the bait.

"Why don't you give yourself a real challenge?" The boy smirked, crossing his muscular arms over his chest. "See if you can beat Eren."

"Just because he put you on the ground countless times doesn't mean he'd do the same to me." You laughed in Reiner's face, diluting his proud smirk to a pursed line.