What is Gonna Happen Now

So I didn't have time to finish this chapter yesterday because my laptop was dead and the VMAs were last night. Also, I will be taking a short break from this book, only about 1-2 months because I have to focus on SAT work and college applications & scholarships.

Third POV

Next Day

It was around 10:30 when Shoto woke up. He had gotten used to expecting to wake up in the hospital bed. Now awake, he looked around and took in the setting that has been around him for the past 2 weeks. There was a corner with equipment, 5 other beds throughout the room, a desk with medicine cabinets next to the door, and a large window on the wall to the left of him. His observations came to a stop though when he heard whimpering coming from beside him. He looked down at the small figure laying, still asleep, beside him.

Izuku had dark circles under his eyes from his sleepless nights. Back at the lab, he didn't get too much sleep because he was always in pain. Now, he barely got any sleep because of his nightmares. Most of them consisted of memories from the lab, but also anxiety terrors. Mainly that he was still at the lab with Shoto. Currently, that was the case.

(A/N Unless they are speaking to one another I'm going to use their actual names. Just remember they don't actually know each other's real name.)

Shoto looked at Izuku and saw that his face was scrunched up and that his body was shaking. Coming out of his mouth were inaudible murmurs and every so often a whimper as if he was scared and in pain. Shoto had woken up Izuku from plenty of nightmares to know it was something you had to do before Izuku got too far into his dreams. If he did, then when he would wake up, he would disassociate for the rest of the day; and, Shoto didn't want that to happen.

Shoto shook Izuku's shoulders and made sure the blankets were not wrapped around Izuku. He gave small whispers and continued to switch between shaking his shoulders and brushing his figures through Izuku's hair. Eventually, Izuku woke up with a loud gasp. He looked around and when he saw Shoto he immediately clung to him and started crying.

"Moon! Moon, it-it so scary! I-I was back there! They to-took you from m-me and they no let me t-take your turn. Then I-I heard sc-screams! I-I couldn't do an-anything. You didn't come b-back at the comeback time! I-I thought you-you left me! I no w-want you to leave me! I be good an-and stay out of tro-trouble! Please do-don't leave me a-alone!" Izuku stammered out to Shoto, as tears fell quickly.

Shoto quickly wrapped his arms around the crying boy to let him know that he was still there, "Hey, it's okay Sun. It's okay. I'm still here. I'm not leaving. I'll never leave you." Izuku was gasping for air as he had riled himself into a panicked mess. Shoto kept whispering sweet nothings into the smallers' ears. They were hugging for another half hour before Izuku's tears eventually dried up and he stopped panicking.

"Moon?" "Yeah?" "What is happen to us?" Shoto looked away from Izuku as he thought of an answer. He didn't trust the so-called heroes. Even though they hadn't hurt either him or Izuku and they hadn't taken the younger away from him, he didn't trust them. They could be baiting them into trusting them; only for them to attack and hurt them, breaking the trust they built up in the boys. 

No, Shoto wouldn't trust them. He couldn't. He could only trust Izuku. Turning back to face Izuku, "I don't know. I don't trust them. But don't worry, I'll protect you. They can't hurt you while I'm around. I won't let them." Shoto said confidently while petting Izuku's cat ears. Izuku purred as he felt safe in Shoto's arms. He knew Shoto would always protect him. "I promise I'll protect you too." He whispered into Shoto's chest. Shoto hummed in response, acknowledging what the green neko promised. 'We'll protect each other' He thought as he and Izuku continued to cuddle.