The First Sleepless night

Izu has a nightmare and Shoto can't calm him. Aizawa steps in

This is kind of a filler chapter. Mainly some protective and caring Dadzawa moments.

Third POV

The boys climbed into bed and snuggled together. Aizawa sat at the end of the bed and waited patiently for them both to fall asleep. Izuku seemed to fall asleep quickly but Shoto could seem to calm his thoughts. Seeing this, Aizawa stood and walked around the bed and sat next to Shoto. He reached up to pet the nekos head but stopped his movement when he saw Shoto flinch. "Sorry, I was just gonna pet your head to help you go to sleep." Shoto looked at Aizawa curiously but nodded and turned his head back to Izuku who had snuggled into his chest.

Aizawa started petting his hair, combing his fingers through the strands, and every so often rubbing his little cat ears. After a few minutes, the tense figure of the child relaxed and Aizawa could feel the vibrations of his body as Shoto purring. Aizawa gave the children in the bed a warmhearted smile and if anyone asked if Aizawa was going soft over two little nekos he would proudly confirm so without embarrassment. It took about 5 minutes of petting Shoto for him to fall asleep. When he did Aizawa stood and left the room, closing the door, careful to not wake the boys.

Aizawa went back to his room and got changed for bed. He then went around the house turning off lights and cleaning up the place before he could finally retire for the night. Usually, Hizashi took care of clean-up because Aizawa would be out on patrol, but Aizawa didn't mind putting in some effort, especially because Hizashi couldn't be here yet. Aizawa finally got back to his bed, grabbing his book from his nightstand and turning on his side lamp. He laid there for a second and relaxed into his pillows, he may like his cocoon of a sleeping bag but he would never say not to a bed and some pillows.

Aizawa opened his book and started to read, turning the page every few minutes. He had gotten through about 3 and a half chapters when an ear-piercing scream rang out. Aizawa moved faster than Ineginum, throwing his book to the side and jumping out of bed. He raced to the neko's room and tore the door open. He looked for any villain who may have been trying to get to the boys. Instead, he saw Izuku sitting upright and bawling. Shoto was next to him and trying to calm him down but see as his attempts were futile began to panic himself.

Aizawa began walking over but stopped when Shoto wrapped his arms around the bawling Izuku and growled at Aizawa. Aizawa didn't blame the kid for being hostile though, given the circumstances, he merely put his hands up to show that he wasn't a threat. After a moment, Shoto realized who was before him and his look turned sad and pleading, silently asking for help. Aizawa came closer and crouched next to the bed. He tried assessing what was going on and what needed to be done.

Aizawa knew with the intensity of crying that if Izuku didn't start calming down soon, he would work himself into a panic attack; which, wouldn't be good considering it was hard to control and Shoto would ultimately panic more as well as a result. Aizawa sat on the bed and pick up Izuku from his spot on the bed, with some protective growls coming from a panicked Shoto. Aizawa began by asking Izuku simple questions to see if he could hear him but was just met with more cries. Aizawa then tried the calming technique that he had used on Shoto only hours before and began petting the curly green strands of hair.

It seemed to work slightly as the tears seemed to slow slightly and there were more hiccups than cries. Aizawa set Izuku back to his previous spot on the bed and Shoto immediately lunged for him, hugging him tightly and whispering reassurance into his ear. After about another half hour Izuku fell back to a peaceful sleep gripping Shotos' hand like it was a lifeline. The two neko's laid back into the bed and Aizawa sat in his spot for a few more minutes. Shoto was watching him and when he went to get up and leave, the red and white neko let out a small whine. Aizawa looked back over at the two and was faced with pleading eyes.

"You don't want me to leave yet do you?" Shoto shook his head in response. Aizawa sighed and grabbed a blanket from the closet and settled on the bean bag in the corner. He looked over at Shoto who was still looking at him. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" Shoto looked to the side before opening his mouth to respond but closing it after a moment of hesitation. " Neither you nor Sun are in trouble if that's what you're worried about. I just want to know what happened so I can help deal with it and fix it."

Shoto looked back over to Aizawa before speaking up, "I think he had a bad dream again. I just woke up to him shaking and screaming. It happens sometimes so it's nothing new. But this time was different because usually, I can calm him down. I could do anything this time." He looked at Izuku sorrowfully seeming to apologize by hugging the smaller neko tighter. Aizawa gave the two a sad smile being reminded of the terror that both boys had gone through. There was nothing Aizawa could think of saying so he stayed silent.

It took another moment or two but eventually Shoto fell asleep. Aizawa on the other hand stayed awake, prepared for any other terrors to haunt the poor boys in their sleep. He knew that this would not be his only sleepless night so he developed a plan in his head of handling the situation with care. He would also alert Hizashi and Nezu about the new unfortunate development. However, on a brighter side, both of the boys seem to trust Aizawa must more that before. Aizawa would rate this as his best sleepless night but I would definitely be in his top 10
———————