The Inevitable Shower

Shoto POV

Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Hizashi told me and Sun that they had to go out for a bit and talk to Nezu. I wish we could have gone with them since we both really wanted to see Nezu but when we ask they said no and that it was just to talk about boring stuff. So now we have to be stuck here with Mrs. Nemuri. She was nice but she was a little over the top and annoying, at least that's what I heard Mr. Aizawa grumbling about.

She hasn't even done anything. She was watching us do one of our puzzles but then when we looked up at her again she was asleep! What kind of caretaker was she? We didn't care too much since we were still working on our puzzle but when we finished it we didn't know what else to do. We sat there for a little bit just looking around and thinking about what else we could be doing before an uncomfortable but logical idea came to mind.

"Sun?" He looked over at me curiously, "What if we surprised Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Yamada when they come back by taking a shower?" Sun looked guarded and slightly scared before hesitantly nodding. We got up and we go to our room to get a change of clothes. Then we entered the bathroom and I turned on the shower. It came on really quickly and startled both of us. I jumped back when the water hit my hand and Sun had backed up to the door, whimpering.

"A-Are you sure Moon? What if hu-hurts like before?" Sun asked scared. I looked between him and the shower. I'll admit that I was scared of it too but our heroes said that it wouldn't hurt. I looked back at Sun before grabbing his hands, "Our heroes said it was safe right?" Sun nodded hesitantly. "They haven't lied to us yet so we have to trust them a little. I think if they say it's safe then they can't be lying."

Sun still looked scared but he seemed to be more okay with this idea than before. "Obviously I'll try it first and then I can pull you with me." Sun bit his lip but nodded. Still holding his hand, I inched closer to the shower. I reached my hand out and just before I could put it under the water Sun panicked and grabbed for my wrist and pulled it away from the water. I looked at him as he breathed quickly. I hugged him and reassured him, "Don't worry, if it does hurt, I take my hand away and turn it off."

Sun took a deep breath before letting out a small, "Sorry." I shushed him and turned back to the running shower. I got my hand close to the water again and acknowledged the scared twitches from Sun as he held himself from pulling me back. I placed my hand under the water and, after a couple of seconds, became mildly surprised that it felt more like rain than the evil hose the scientists used.

"Moon?" Oh yeah. I looked over at Sun and nodded, "It doesn't feel like the hose. It feels more like rain." I stepped under the water slowly, it was more uncomfortable but I slowly got used to it. I reassured Sun that it was ok and he slowly went through the same steps that I had just done. When he put his hand under the water, I could see his hand was shaking a lot. I held his hand firmly and helped soothe his nerves. He looked at me hesitantly and scared, "It's alright Sun, it doesn't hurt. It's a little uncomfortable but Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Hizashi weren't lying this time either about the shower." I comforted.

He nodded, took a deep breath, and stepped into the shower, standing next to me. Goosebumps made their way up his arms and he shivered as he got used to the falling water. We stood there for a while still shaking a bit while getting used to the feeling. When we got out of the shower we were soaked from head to toe. "I'm glad we did this. I bet Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Hizashi will be really proud and happy." I said while grabbing a towel and wrapping it around Sun. He nodded and agreed while I got my own towel.

We heard the front door open and the upset voices of our heroes. We got our dry change of clothes on quickly, without drying our hair, and ran out to greet them. We ran up to them and they looked at us weirdly. "What happened?" Mr. Hizashi asked worried, "Where's Nemuri?" We pointed to the couch, which Mr. Aizawa went and kicked to wake her up. While he did that we looked back at Mr. Hizashi, "We took shower" Izuku answered. I say Mr. Aizawa pause and looks at us in shock while Mr. Hizashi sputters out a response. "You two took a shower?! Really!" He had a large smile on his face.

"Weren't you scared of the shower?" Mr. Aizawa asked. We nodded and I spoke up to tell our intent, "We wanted to face our fear and make you proud that we took a shower. We, Uhm, well you two haven't lied to us yet so we trusted you about the shower." Mr. Hizashi seemed to get even happier, carefully and excitedly wrapping us in a hug. Even Mr. Aizawa had a smile on his usually grumpy face.

"We are both extremely proud of you two! We are very thankful that you trust us so much and are willing to face your fears." We looked at both of our heroes and it was clear as day that they were really proud of us. That made both of us really happy inside. Mr. Hizashi and Mr. Aizawa took us back up to the bathroom, after kicking Mrs. Nemuri out with a threat of a call about our safety coming later, to dry our hair.

While Mr. Hizashi used the towel to dry my hair, Izuku succumbed to the hair dryer that Mr. Aizawa was using since he was more experienced with curly hair. Overall, I think this is the start of a new chapter between us and our heroes.

-------------