2 new faces

Izu and Shoto meet Midnight and Mic

Third POV

The next day Aizawa woke up to an unknown pressure on his chest. He opened his eyes and saw two figures on either side of him, snuggling into his chest. He smiled down at the nekos and pet their hair. Both figures flinched at the touch but quickly relaxed at the pleasing feeling. The boys slowly woke up, and when they opened their eyes, they quickly took notice of the body they were lying on. Unfortunately, they jumped off in a panic and backed up with heads bowed.

"We're so sorry, Mr. Aizawa!" Shoto said as a quick apology. Izuku, standing beside him, nodded and whimpered. Aizawa released a huff of breath, being reminded of the mistreatment of the boys, "You're fine. I didn't mind. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to sleep with me." He said with a smile. "Please remember that I will never get mad at you for seeking comfort, alright?" The two nekos nodded and rushed Aizawa into a hug.

After the hug, they all stood, and the ten-year-olds looked up at Aizawa as he clapped, "Now today you are meeting my husband and out best friend. So, we have to get you two dressed and fed. They will be here around noon." The nekos looked at each other hesitantly before looking back up at Aizawa, "Do we have to?" Izuku asked. Aizawa sighed before shaking his head, "No, but I think you two will really like them. It's nice to meet new people. If it make you feel better it'll be more people to play with." The boys looked into each other's eye, like they were communicating telepathically, and nodded. "Okay."

So for the next hour and a half the boys got dressed and Aizawa went and made breakfast. The breakfast of miso soup and rice with seaweed was simple and delicious. Izuku came down in a yellow shirt and blue shorts while Shoto wore a black hoodie and matching shorts. They were nervous as the time grew closer to the time of arrival. They held hands throughout breakfast and sat in the living room with no space between each other. As they sat waiting, a glow came from behind Izuku, and a yellow dragon with white accents appeared. He came and sat in Izuku's lap, the boy immediately responding with pets. 

"Spark?" Izuku questioned. Shoto turned to Izuku and saw the peaceful dragon. "He must have come to comfort us." Shoto incurred. Spark nodded his head as if to agree with Shoto about his deduction. Then Spark began to glow, and a sense of calm and optimism spread over the nekos. They relaxed and passed the time simply petting Spark and relaxing their minds thanks to the electric dragon. 

The hour passed, and a knock at the door rang through the quiet house. The nekos jumped at the noise, and Spark disappeared from view. Aizawa came and checked on the boys. He saw how startled they were and gave them a comforting hug before telling them to follow behind him. The boys hopped off the couch and clasped hands again. They followed Aizawa, Shoto leading, and Izuku hiding behind him. The pauses a couple of yards from the door, and Aizawa went to open it. 

When the door opened, the nekos saw a blonde man in bright clothing and a black-haired lady in muted tones fill the entry. They seem to have a very energetic nature emitting around them. When their attention caught the two nekos, they seemed to charge in excitement towards the two. However, it caused quite a mess. 

Izuku hid behind Shoto, frightened, and the two-toned boy shot off his ice to form a dome around himself and the smaller. At the same time, Aizawa wrapped his scarf around both adults and pulled them back from the boys. Aizawa was shocked to finally see a quirk active from the nekos, but he didn't let it distract him as he scolded the other two pro-heroes. "What the hell are you two doing! I specifically told you not to rush them, and then that is exactly what you do! I could barely get them calm this morning, and they had a panicked night!" Aizawa huffed out.

"Sorry, Shota/Sho," Midnight and Mic said, looking down. "But we couldn't help it!" Midnight exclaimed, looking back up to the erasure hero, "They're just so cute!" Shota sighed and looked back at the dome of ice still surrounding the nekos. "That doesn't matter. They still don't trust easily, and the whole point of this is to get them to trust people easier. Just be quiet for a second while I try to calm them down." The two nodded while Shota went over to the two hidden boys.

"Hey, kiddos. You're safe, alright. Those two didn't mean to startle you; they were just excited. They don't mean to harm either of-" Shota was cut off by a shout from inside the dome. "I don't believe you!" Shoto shouted, "You're just like them! You want to hurt us!" Shota sighed and sat down next to the dome. "You two know I wouldn't lie to you right, remember yesterday and this morning when I told you two that I just want to protect and help you. I wasn't lying. Jus please take down the dome and we can all sort this out. The other two are very sorry for scaring you"

There seemed to be a moment of hesitation that hung in the air but eventually, the dome started to melt. When it was completely gone Shota noticed how the two nekos seemed to be wrapped around each other protectively. However, when they looked up at him, he saw Izuku had tears in his eyes and Shoto had a distrusting glare. The two glanced away from Shota and focused of the other two heroes. Both Mic and Midnight began apologizing profusively.

They boys looked back at Shota, who opened his arms as if calling for them to come into his arms. In turn, the calling worked because both boys ran into the man's arms and clutched at his shirt. After the two heroes had stoped apologizing, the 5 of them sat in silence, the only sound being the small wimpers coming from Izuku and the growl/purrs coming from Shoto. After the boys had fully calmed down and let go of Shota, they sat on the floor in front of him. 

Shota sighed and looked around the room before speaking, "Alright, let's try this again. Sun, Moon, meet my husband Hizashi and our best friend Nemuri. Hizashi will be stay here from now on and when we have to go do hero work, Nemuri will be watching you." At the last announcement the nekos looked up at Shota panicked. "You-your leave us!" Izuku cried out tears starting to spring from his eyes again. "You said you'd stay with us!" Shoto cried out as well.

"No no no! I just have work to do at night so while you sleep I'll be gone for a little bit. But if you have any trouble Hizashi can comfort you or if you really want me you can have him call me. But I'll be back each morning before you wake up. I promise." The two boys still looked sad but lesser than before. The understood Aizawa and as long as he came back and didn't abandon them then they were alright. 

The next hour consisted of the nekos meeting the two other heroes, calmly this time, and getting comfortable with them. There was still hesitation from them and they didn't really like leaving Shota's side, but the 5 of them got through the night. The nekos were put to bed similar to how they were the previous night with Shota having to sit with them for close to an hour, constantly reminding them that he wasn't going anywhere. They fell asleep hugging each other and once Shota could see that their breaths were calm and peaceful he got up and left them to their sleep.

Walking down the hall back to the living room, where Mic and Nemuri were still seated,  Shota relaxed his tense shoulders. Sitting on one of the open chairs, he reflected on the happenings of the day. Mic and Nemuri watch Shota for a second before starting to make fun of him. "Man those two are making you soft Shota!" Nemuri piped up with Hizashi quickly agreeing. "I really like this side of you, Sho." The man in black look up at his husband and friend as they continued to make fun of him, "I just hope I'm doing it right. You two are really going to be a big help with getting the situated with society."

The three adults sat in silence as they thought about the boys. They needed all the help they could get and they hoped that they could given some peace to the horrifying lives the young nekos have lived already. Shota also thought about the quirks of the 10 year-olds. He would have to begin getting information on their quirks in order to help them in the future. 

--------------

1523 words