Quirk Practice

Third Pov

The concept of quirks has been pushed aside many times by Aizawa and Hizashi. They knew that they had to do some type of analysis and training regime for the neko's quirks but they kept pushing it off in favor of introducing the nekos to everything and getting them settled in. When the heroes had been going through the files and the neko's statements of their experiences, it was apparent that they had had training when they got their quirks, as well as practicing their original quirks.

However, Aizawa thought it was about time to get them reinstated into training when, for the 5th time that morning, Izuku had nearly blinded Hizashi and Shoto had nearly set Izuku on fire when he got shocked or scared by something. After finally agreeing, Hizashi reserved a UA training field the next afternoon for them all to use.

The next day came quickly and the four packed up into the car and set off for UA once again. They were greeted by Nezu again, who escorted them to the field and informed the other two heroes that he'd like to stay and observe. Aizawa was a little agitated but Hizashi didn't see a problem and said it was fine. They started with Izuku since he appeared to have a bit more control over his original quirk rather than his given quirk, unlike Shoto.

They started with a refresher of his original quirk as he let out all of his dragons. They took 5 to 10 minutes to go through each dragon and their elemental connection to Izuku. Nezu suspected that Izuku had more control over this quirk because he was using the elements of other beings, so he was less subjected to a loss of control since there was another entity holding the power flow back.

Aizawa and Hizashi hadn't had a lot of Interaction with Izuku's dragons, other than Lunar, who liked to stick to Shoto, and Sunray, who liked to play with Izuku. The quick introduction consisted of Akua, Falkor, Spark, Amaterasu, and Saphire all circling the two heroes while Izuku held Sunray and Lunar laid on Shoto's head.

By the time Izuku finished with the elemental powers, his dragon symbol was half black and half white. Izuku was tired but definitely not at risk of any severe drawbacks. After that, the dragons decided to stay out, going to sit next to Nezu while Izuku started on his given quirk. Aizawa had him practice turning it on and off as well as directing the light beams. It seemed to tire out Izuku faster than his elemental dragons so they finished going over stuff quickly so that Izuku could rest.

When it was Shoto's turn, Aizawa suggested using Moon second as it was likely that it would tire the neko out faster than his original quirk similar to Izuku. So Shoto started with Half-Hot and Half-Cold. The neko had a few rough patches when trying to direct his ice and the farther he wanted it to go the harder it was to control its direction. However, he did appear to have decent control over ice formations. He could make pillars, walls, slides, stairs, and a lot of other things.

The fire part of his quirk was another problem altogether. Naturally, ice is easier to form and shape compared to fire. It is also easier to withstand physically. So for Shoto to struggle with control was likely and understandable. opposing his ice side, he appeared to have an easier time directing and manipulating the movement of his fire. Unfortunately, not much could be said for his control over the size and temperature manipulation.

Nezu suspected that Shoto's control differed between the hot and cold because of their natural composition. Ice was easier to formulate and regulate because it was solid; while fire was easier to direct because it was a gas and acted with a liquid temperament. By the time Shoto was done with fire and ice, he was covered in a few burns and a few icy hair spikes. Izuku thought the hair was quiet interesting to look at but was worried about the burns.

Nezu called Recovery girl, who came out of the school building grumbling that she was supposed to be on break too. She put on a smile and healed the little neko while glaring at the other pros, telling them that they were working the nekos too carelessly. Hizashi seemed to agree and stated that they would do a quirk observation of Moon before they could all go home and relax for the night.

Shoto had a decent amount of control over Moon and the only thing Aizawa thought they'd have to work on in the future was Shoto's ability to hide in the shadows and manipulate them. Overall all three of the pros observing the little neko's capabilities were both amazed and saddened. They were proud that the neko's had such control over their quirks and appeared so natural when using them; however, the thing that stifled that happiness was the implication that came with that amount of control.

The three of them knew that for them to be this comfortable with both quirks, and the power of each quirk, both Izuku and Shoto must have gone through a lot of forced training and torture to be able to handle such quirks with such balanced control at a young age. It saddened them to know that they could have saved the nekos earlier, but they reminded themselves that the nekos were with them now. They were safe and healing.

-----

Elsewhere

Two figures, unknown to each other, were observing the practice taking place. All Might watched as Izuku handled each power with the control of someone greater in age. He proclaimed that he'd make the young neko his successor and impede All for One from taking control of such a skilled child. He had to have him as his successor.

Likewise, an informant of All for One watched as each neko practiced their quirks, praised and corrected by the heroes by their sides. He took into account how the heroes weren't pushing for heroic ideals but simply making sure the nekos knew how to utilize and activate their quirks. He left silently to inform All for One as All Might left to begin planning a way to get closer to Izuku and take the young child under his wing of greatness.

---------------