LIX

JENNIE POV

"I promise, doll"

Still stroking her hair and saying comforting words for her, I began to feel her heaviness that I concluded she's fallen asleep.

I frown, realizing she gets skinny. She lose weight and her eyebags was becoming visible. Last time I checked, I couldn't even lift her up and now I was shocked that her weight was all in me yet I could hold her still

"You doll, why are you not taking care of yourself properly huh?"

Contemplating, I tried to carry her and goodness, she really is so light.

"Fuck doll! You are burning!"

What the hell happened to my doll!

I was so annoyed to myself. Here I thought she was doing fine, managing her work and personal life in a proper manner. I was too lost at the thought of her still wanting a divorce and that I would no longer checking her health and everything.

I am becoming useless, weak and soft. This shouldn't be.

I put Lalisa in our bed and take her clothes off. She shivered that I immediately covered her a blanket and get the basin for her

While putting enough pillows around her, I heard knocking

"Mom? M-Mom can I come in? Mommy still not coming home" I heard Luke crying outside

I quickly open the door and carry him inside. He gasped seeing his Mommy lying on our bed, he wiggle his feet telling me to put him down and he quickly run to his Mom but I stop him

"Luke, Mommy is sick. Don't go near her"

He sniff "But I want to hug my Mommy"

"I understand but not now, you know that when one of us was sick, right?"

He nodded, pouting "Yes, Mom"

"You can watch her still. Wait me here"

I exited getting our extra mattress, blanket and cushion then walked back in our bedroom. I then place everything on the floor beside the master bed and let Luke jump on it

"No touching Luke, you understand?"

"Yes, Mom. I'll just watch her, promise"

"Good, don't lean too close to Mommy. Wait me here, I'll just get something"

He nodded "Mom, why doesn't she wearing anything?"

I chuckled "She's wearing underwear little man, now quiet down, Mommy might get annoyed with the noise"

He giggled and just adorably watching her Mommy. I left them two and get something that would lower Lalisa's temperature and a medicine if she happen to wake up.

Luke telling random stories while I'm putting comfortable clothes to my sleeping wife. My feelings was overly joyed having rare moments like this. I miss having them both in the bedroom with just talking about our activities, future, the plans and goals, the bucket list and even nonsense things.

If I had just did a perfect role as the center of the family, I would've been so happy and contented. My family was happy and probably the perfect happy one. I was blinded of providing much more than they deserve and giving them the world but I just got lost in the process, made my family falls down at worst.

Now that I'm reviving the once happy family, I would never let myself make the same mistake again. But the assurance of having them with me whatever it takes was still on the list and it would never change as long as I'm breathing.