Chapter 6: library shenanigans

As I stride anxiously through the corridors, I let my mind wander.. it drifts to Lily and I think of how her personality is striking, courageous, and bold, She's fearless and daring. I envy her fearlessness. Its a trait, I myself lack. We are so very different, Lily and I. I'm ambitious and sloppy. She's mannered and pure. I hold an artificial confidence and I'm clumsy, flawed, and awkward. Lily is refined, I am crude and unpolished. Lily and I also grew up very different; She grew up in a happy home and I grew up being constantly reminded of how much of a failure I am and how I am incapable of succeeding, but I'll show them all.

It's 7:00pm and Lily wanted me to meet her in the library at 6, however.. I like pissing her off, so I decided to purposely show up an hour late.

A small smirk appears on my face as the thoughts of making Lily aggravated, rush through my head.

I let my curls be free today and I didn't straighten my hair. I was being lazy. Don't  judge me. I threw on an emerald turtleneck sweater and tight black pants, along with a pair of black heeled boots.
Im holding Sirius' folded leather jacket and gray sweatpants as I walk.

As I approach the library I see a pissed looking Lily and a tired Sirius sitting beside her with his chin resting on one hand and his eyes gazing out the window. He's wearing a Gryffindor sweater and gray sweat pants.

Damn, how many of those does he have. His hair is messy, but charming. I adore his hair. And his eyes. And his body.
My eyes trail over his body unconsciously, and once I realize it, my eyes snap away from him and onto Lily. She notices me and her face gets angrier. The corner of my lips curl into an amused smile and I wink at her.

"Finally!" Lily shouts at me as I'm walking.
I sit in the empty chair between her and Sirius. Sirius turns around and meets my eyes, he smiles at me and I shrug my shoulders with an awkward smile.

"Oh!" I exclaim, suddenly remembering that I have his clothes in my hand. I shove them towards him awkwardly. He looks down at the folded clothes and furrows his brows in confusion. I tilt my head to the side and copy his expression. "What?" I ask "Why do you look confused?" His eyes meet mine once again.

"Why are you giving me these?" He asks.

"Because their yours, you idiot." I reply, pushing them softly into his chest.

"Keep them." He says with a small smile. His cold finger tips graze over the back of my hands and the motion produces tingles on my skin. I pull my hands off his chest abruptly and the clothes fall into his lap.

"No. I can't." I say suddenly, his hands take ahold of the clothes and he pushes them onto my lap.

"I don't care." He says, his voice is low and a slight smile plays on his lips. Our eyes meet and we stare for a long moment.

"Okay, what is going on between you two?" Lily questions, eyeing Sirius and I. I snap back into reality and turn away from Sirius and face Lily.

"Absolutely nothing." I assure her in a stern voice, crossing my arms over my chest in a sassy manner. I can feel Sirius' eyes burning into the back of my head, but I don't dare turn around. Lily squints her eyes at me, then copies my action and crosses her arms as well.

"Yeah. I don't believe that." She says bluntly. "Not for one minute."

"You think I would date him?" I scoff, my face shifts to disgust. Sirius eyes me with an unreadable expression.

"Yes. I do." she blurts out "He's exactly your type" I look over my shoulder at Sirius. He is, isn't he. His lips curl into a smirk.

"I am?" Sirius says in a cocky voice. I scoff and roll my eyes.