Chapter 10: i saw sparks

TW underage drinking, light smut

"Hey Severus, would you rather just crash that party Gryffindor is throwing in about 20min?" I ask as we walk through the cold frost bitten street of Hogsmeade. He scoffs and looks down at me.

"Gryffindor seriously? Slytherin is throwing one as well, why don't we go there instead." He responds with a slight distasteful gleam in his eyes at the word Gryffindor.

"Whatever I don't care, I just want drinks." He nods and we turn around and head back towards Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus and I approach the Slytherin common room quietly and he whispers the password.
The painting swings open and we walk through the entrance. It shuts behind us, and In one swift motion I take my hair down and shake my head, allowing my curls to be free. The music starts filling my ears loudly and my eyes adjust to the dimly lit common room filled with all kinds of different people from different houses. The room is lit with a green hue, people are dancing and drinking and some are even making out on the couch. I spot Narcissa leaned against a wall talking with a long haired platinum blonde boy, his eyes are grey and almost chilling to look at. Something about the boy Narcissa is talking to seems very familiar to me, as though I've seen this boy before, but not at Hogwarts. I quickly shrug it off and pat Severus on the shoulder and his eyes meet mine.

"Sev, let's go find the drinks!" I shout over the loud pounding music and voices ringing in my ears.

"Did I say you could call me Sev? Because I don't recall-" he whispers low in my ear, not wanting to shout. I roll my eyes at him and scoff.

"Thats your nickname from me, deal with it." I whisper back. "Let's go." He follows me to the drink table and I grab the shot glasses, handing one to him. He takes the glass from my hand and pours fire-whiskey in each one.

"Ready?" He asks, I smirk and nod my head.
We both simultaneously take a shot and the alcohol burns down our throats. I cough and Severus let's a tiny chuckle roll off his tongue

"Another." I say happily and Sev fills both our glasses up again.

We took another shot one after the other until we couldn't count anymore. We aren't drunk enough to be shit-faced but we are definitely getting there if we take anymore shots, so we stop drinking and head to the dance floor.
It's crowded and very noisy as I drag Sev with me to dance.  The song Sweater Weather starts playing and my eyes widen and my smile begins to grow.

(for best experience start playing the song
while reading)

"Pleaseee Sev" I beg. He rolls his eyes and I look at him with doe eyes.

Sev smiles and grabs my hand, he then twirls me around and spins my body into his chest and a playful laugh slips through my lips and my smile grows. Our bodies dance and move in sync. One of his hands is positioned respectfully on my waist and his other one entangled with my hair. Students spin and move around us, dancing and singing, while Sev and I seem to be in our own world, not paying attention to our surroundings and just living and being present in the moment.

I snap out of my trance and glance over Sev's shoulder and notice a group of familiar faced Gryffindor enter through the painting.

"Shit!" I whisper-shout, I freeze as my eyes meet the mysterious and enchanting glare of Sirius-mother-fucking-Black. Sirius scans Sev and I, and his face turns into an anger filled red as he see's Severus' hands in my hair and on my waist, while my arms are draped around Sev's neck and back.