Chapter 13: fighting over potter

Sirius and I had detention together yesterday and it was very boring and uneventful. Unless you consider dusting the entire potions room fun. Because I don't. However, I couldn't help but let my eyes wander over to Him every few seconds, wondering if he was going to listen to Dumbledore's advice. A heavy feeling would rush over me every time he didn't return my gaze.

I was trying to process everything Dumbledore said whilst dusting, I could tell Sirius was doing the same. We were both confused- correction we are still confused, but on a lesser scale. We both had time to think, Especially myself. I've realized I have so much to sort out. I have to speak with Regulus and I still need to speak with James about what happened. I just keep making excuses and saying 'I'll do it tomorrow' when In reality, I won't. Sirius and I also have lots to sort out. I'll start with Him.

I think to myself while lying in bed and staring at the ceiling. I yawn and stand up from my bed, slipping my black fuzzy slippers on and walking into the bathroom. Narcissa is already gone, she wakes up early for breakfast.
I on the other hand, would much rather get an extra hour of sleep than eat breakfast.

I brush my teeth and take a quick shower.
After showering, I throw on some green pajamas. I don't care what I'm wearing and it's a Saturday morning. I plan on going back to sleep after I talk to Siri. But I need to talk to him now before I forget, because I forget everything. It's quite annoying.

As I make my way down the cold dormitory stairs, I spot Mulciber

Ugh. If I could name the grossest man in Slytherin, it would be him. For sure.. I cross my arms and attempt walking by as quickly as possible.

Please don't see me. Please don't see me..

I hear him whistle after me and I cringe.
I hold my hand up and flip him off with a sarcastic smile. I have long painted black nails and they are quite fun to flip people off with.

I exit the common room and I make my way to the Gryffindor tower.

I say the password that Peter gave me and the painting swings open. The Gryffindor's in the common room glare at me and I ignore them as I walk up to the boys dormitory. I place a loud knock on the Marauders door. After a moment, James opens the door. My eyes widen as the door swings open.
He's shirtless and his hair is messy and glasses crooked. My eyes unconsciously trail his body and my mouth parts slightly. I then realize how stupid I probably look staring at him.

"Whiskers, what are you doing?" He asks slightly amused, His voice is low and sleepy.

"You're not wearing a shirt, sooo I'm being respectful and not looking. Duh." I mumble.

"Stop being ridiculous. So dramatic." He jokes lazily. "It's not like you've never seen me without a shirt." He adds with a small smirk. I stay silent as the images from the forest rush into my head.

"Nope. You're right, I'm being dramatic-" I uncover my eyes, resisting the urge to let my eyes linger on his body. He leans against the doorframe and looks down at me. Why does he have to do that. "Can I come in? Thank you." I squeeze past him in a hurry before finishing my sentence.