002. 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗹

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

WHISPERS AND CHATTERS were heard in the classroom as everyone leave the classroom. she pushed her chair inwards under the desk and stood up, playing with the straps of her backpack.

"are you heading home?" kenma asked, standing up next to her with his phone in his hand. she shook her head. "no, i have club practice." she smiled. kenma stared at her, a little confused.

"you already joined a club? i didn't know you did." he said quietly. "yeah. i joined the music club." she admitted. he only nodded his head, not wanting to say much. he had never heard of the school's music club before, not that he know of.

"okay, i'll get going now. see you kenma!" she waved goodbye to her seat mate and skipped down the almost empty hallway, making her way to the music practice club room.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"kenma!" kuroo greeted his best friend the moment he entered the gymnasium. he looked around and found that he was alone.

"hm? where's your crush?" he questioned. kenma shrugged, his eyes not leaving his phone. "she have practice. and would you stop that? i do not have a crush on her." he simply answered.

"practice? what practice? she's on a club?" kuroo asked. they approached the rest of the team now, who seems to be indulged in their conversation as well.

"i don't know. she said she's on the music club. do we even have a music club here?" kenma asked his teammates, slowly lowering his phone.

"oh, we do. but they're kind of flopping, no one ever join that club anymore except for some losers on the team." yamamoto stated.

kuroo's laughter suddenly erupts the room. "whoa kenma! i didn't know you were into band geeks!" he teased. the rest of the boys raised their eyebrows in confusion.

"you like someone from the music club?" yaku asked, stifling in his laughter. kenma tsk and grunted. "no, she's just a friend."

"kenma probably likes her. he never make friends with anyone unless he likes them." lev, the tall freshman added. "lev, shut up." kenma glared at him.

"dude, she's probably a loser. the music club are filled with a bunch of loser dudes and they're like... probably geeky." kuroo laughed. kenma was quiet for a minute before he turned his gaze up to stared at kuroo. "i don't know. she seems pretty cool." kenma replied shortly.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"so are we going to do it this year?" the girl asked with a bubbly smile. the seniors who seemed a little less enthusiastic strummed on the electric guitar while leaning his back against the cold, concrete wall.

one of them shrugged and placed down the bass guitar, crossing his legs. "i don't know if they would let us perform. we're like... an abandoned club." he admitted.

"awh come on, don't be like that. i'll speak to the teacher for us." she smiled and hit the drums. "what makes you think they would agree?" the seniors asked.

she shrugged. "i don't know. but i would love to try it. it's something different for the school festival anyway, right?" she gleamed. they exchanged looks with each other and sighed. "sure. i hope it works out." the leader of the band said.

"let's practice now, shall we?" everyone in the band nodded their head and started to play the instruments.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"see you!" the seniors bid their goodbyes and she bowed at them before leaving. she head to her locker before she left and took her skateboard out, holding it in her hands while making her way out of the school.

she placed her board down on the ground and put a foot on top, stepping on it until she heard a voice called out her name.

"ikeda!" she turned around and saw kuroo, kenma, along with a group of boys in the school's red sports jacket. "kuroo, kenma." she smiled and grabbed her skateboard up again, walking towards them.

"you guys are still here?" she asked, sipping on her milk that she got from the seniors earlier. "yeah, we have team practice. we're on the volleyball club, you know." kuroo smiled.

"oh right. i didn't know that." she admitted. "that's okay. what about you?" kuroo asked. "i have practice with my club." she smiled. "oh, you must be the girl kenma was talking about!" a tall boy with silver hair approached her, stepping forward.

she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while looking at kenma. "hi, i'm lev." he smiled and extended his hand for a handshake. she took it in her hand and introduced herself.

"you're in the music club?" a shorter male with soft hair color stepped up and shook her hand. she nodded her head and he introduced himself. "yaku morisuke." he smiled.

"ah, i thought you weren't in any club yet. i wanted to ask you become our manager." kuroo simply explained. she slowly nodded and looked at kenma, who was already staring at her. he quickly looked away and cleared his throat.

"i didn't meant to tell them, it just slipped up. sorry if you're uncomfortable." kenma bluntly stated. "of course not! don't worry about it." she squeezed his arm. "do you want to walk home with us?" kuroo questioned.

"maybe next time, i have to go now. i'm meeting with a  friend. see you around!" she waved goodbye and let her skateboard hit against the ground, before stepping on it and skated away.

"whoa, kenma is right! she's cool!" lev exclaimed with stars in his eyes. "that's kenma's girl, you little shit!" yamamoto said and kicked lev on the butt.

"will you guys stop? she's not my girl..." kenma mumbled.